Woo-Hoo 2nd place in my first PL Omaha tourney!!

Played my first ever Omaha tourney today on Absolute, just because I had a free entry as part of the May newsletter(They would reimburse you for up to $10+$1 Omaha or Stud MT Tourney for entering), and it expired at midnight.  I ended up getting 2nd place, just by playing tight, and only playing premium hands.  It was fun though.  I've never really played Omaha before, but I read the Omaha section in Poker for Dummies (seriously).  :D

It seems like alot more people see the flop, and there is alot more money moving around than there is in a hold'em game.  The pots get huge!  I'm not sure if that's just the nature of Omaha, or because the players are less experienced.  Either way, it was alot of fun!

Just had to tell someone, and my wife probably doesn't want to hear anything more about poker...

Comments

• congratulations, well done....Omaha is an interesting game. I played the same offer from Absolute and was doing well in the Omaha tourney I played in as well....until I ran into two Royal flushes, can you believe that, in the same tourney...well it is Omaha I guess. The first crippled me, the second put me out very close to the money as I pushed all-in with my full house...the guy who flopped, yes flopped the royal slow played it perfectly....the fact that Absolute reimbursed my entry fee made it a little easier to swallow.
  • Congrads.

How much did you manage to make out of your 2nd?

I was playing last night on poker daddy at the 10+1 buy in 400$ guarentee'd tourney(Omaha Hi/Lo).
    41 players entered, so I lost out on some value ... or did I? :P

I ended up winning that tourney (168$ for first), and I also was up around 85$ playing 1/2 limit.
  • I won $78 for 2nd.  I actually had more chips when we started heads up, but the cards dried up, and the other guy was very aggressive, so it became make a stand, or just fold out.  First was $130 which would have been nice.
  • I've played Omaha 8b a few times and always seem to do well at that game ...... I think it's just blind luck. I get dealt A2 suited alot so I win alot of split pots for the low hand. Fun game.