wsop qualifier in saskatoon

can anyone tell me more about this event that is on fathers day.or give me a link to access it thanks

Comments

• I don't think there is a site.

They play a satellite every Sunday. Then there will be a "winner take all" WSOP sat of father's day. You can register now by calling them. 306-683-8863
  • Hey...I am lost..what is this? At the Emerald? I am out of town quite a bit and not really clear what this sat on Sundays is for.

Thanks for the help
  • The Emerald is sending one player to the WSOP $10K event. Tournament is on Sunday June 19.

You can buy in direct or win a single table satellite. 100 players, on the 19th, I think.
  • Well I already missed Christmas at the folks place for a big poker game, so missing the fathers day barbeque too would be a stretch. lol
  • its sunday june 19th and the entry fee is $200.can anyone tell me if there are any secondary prizes or if i win wsop trip,can it be transfered or sold thanks
  • I talked to Len (the manager) last night...

Here's how it works:

$200+20. No limit on entrants. Then will play two flights. They are already over 100 and will take as many as they get.

First place $16,000 package -- Entry into the WSOP Championship starting July 7.

The whole finaly table will make the money. So, whatever there is over and above $16,000 will be spilled between 2 and 10th.

You can sell your WSOP entry if you win, but you cannot take a cash equivalent. I helped Len book the spot (fearing a sell out). Spots are non-refundable and non-transfreable). So, the Emerald MUST assign a name to the seat, and that person MUST play. However, you can sell it to anyone in the world. Someone on this board, perhaps?

Having said that, if you win first, play the event. There is NO feeling in the world like the main event at the WSOP.
  • How about missing yours wifes birthday to play poker? I will do my best to be there - however if any of you have two balls you can lend me that would be great as if I show up my wife might have mine.
  • Sigh... There will always be another birthday. There may never be another poker game.
  • Dave, If one wants to play but can't afford to, will they allow spectators? As in my case. :'(

Also, great book by the way!! Damn near done it already.

Kevin
  • Spectators are welcome. Don't hover right over the players, but by all means, it's easy to watch.
  • Sigh... There will always be another birthday. There may never be another poker game.

I wish wives saw it as being that simple?
  • What time does it start on sunday?

And theres nothing wrong with buying new golf equipment. I recommend the Taylor Made R7. :D
  • who won wasn't me lost to aces
  • An older guy named Larry. I was watching him earlier in the final session and at one point he told his wife to go buy him a pack of smokes cause he was going to out soon. He was down to i think $400 or less worth of chips. He clawed his way back after several all ins.

But when they were heads up at the final table i thought the other guy got a little ancy being short stacked. He ended up going all in with 10/7o.
  • I was unable to attend, but was wondering how it went, who won, and how many entrants there was?

Dave, did you play, and was there any other forum members?
    My wife was flying back from Taiwan, so I was unable to go. Unfortunatley, she would not of seen the humour of me skipping picking her up to play poker. She plays too, but some things I have to do!
  • I did not play.