The KWSOP Blinds Cap should be....

A consideration is that we can also use ante's after we hit the blinds cap.

Comments

• 5000 - 10,000 i say cus thats how much chips we started with
  • I say 10,000/20,000 with an ante....we should ask ScottyZ for his input. After reading his thread about tourney structure, I think he might have some good advice.
  • rgspence wrote:
    I say 10,000/20,000 with an ante....we should ask ScottyZ for his input. After reading his thread about tourney structure, I think he might have some good advice.

Hmmmmm... Did you mean Zithal's thread about tourney structure?

http://www.pokerforum.ca/forum/index.php?topic=4368.0

Well, thanks for the vote of confidence, whether or not it turns out to have been random. ;)

As for my thoughts, my primary opinion is that the KWSOP organizers know a lot more about running tournaments than I do. So I'm happy enough casting my vote here and leaving it up to them.

One suggestion I'd make (I just....can't.......resist...........) is to play without ante throughout the entire tourney. During the stages of the tournament which are player-dealt (which, as I understand it is the majority of the tournament), ante is IMO a complication which would hurt the tournament more than it helps. When it gets down to the final few players, the fundamental purpose of ante doesn't really apply.

Ante is generally used to increase action at full tables without making the blinds too oppressive. When the tourney goes short-handed, there should naturally be a lot of action anyway; and since the orbits are much shorter, the blinds coming around fast are probably going to feel oppressive with ante or without. :cool:

(Oh, what the heck. I like 5K-10K.)

ScottyZ
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    rgspence wrote:
    I say 10,000/20,000 with an ante....we should ask ScottyZ for his input. After reading his thread about tourney structure, I think he might have some good advice.

Hmmmmm... Did you mean Zithal's thread about tourney structure?

ScottyZ

AAhhh, yes Zithal is what I meant, but you seem to give good advice as well, and I remember being advised a few times (or maybe censored :D lol) by you in a thread or two about game play(which helped my approach towards the way I play, sometimes, sometimes not, cause sometimes my mom says I still don't listen.) and that is why you came to mind.

The only suggestion I'd make (I just....can't.......resist...........) is to play without ante throughout the entire tourney. During the stages of the tournament which are player-dealt (which, as I understand it is the majority of the tournament), ante is IMO a complication which would hurt the tournaemnt more than it helps. When it gets down to the final few players, the fundamental purpose of ante doesn't really apply.

Ante is generally used to increase action at full tables without making the blinds too oppressive. When the tourney goes short-handed, there should naturally be a lot of action, and since the orbits are much shorter, the blinds coming around fast are probably going to feel oppressive with ante or without.

I agree, I revoke my earlier statement of an ante, but still beleive that 10,000/20,000 or maybe 15,000/30,000 should be the cap.
  • Well, thanks for the vote of confidence, whether or not it turns out to have been random. ;)

OK....ScottyZ' pladgerizing from the Liberal party!!! ;);)