An update from Hound and a spat about S&G's

Well played in my first "big tournament", I felt I did okay. It was on pacfic poker. We had about 800 people join and it was looking pretty decent if you could finish in the money. I did win a sat to get in so I only invested $20+2 to get in. With that said I played terrfic my first hour, I had close to $5,000 chips, by no means the chip leader but was definatley a good step on the avergae stack at that point.

I was very pleased with my progress that far, and had a nice five minutes to congradulate myself. By the second break, there was only roughly 220 people left, as I sadly finished in 224th. I went through a stage called "Shit The Bed" Sidrome. I cannot blame the cards, as I just couldn't seem to find a good flop. I.e I had AK vs. AQ in a heads up situation and he rivered a Q to take half my stack. Then just got dwindled away by the blinds and no juicey flops. I went into "manufacture" mood and wasn't able to buy much time, so again, felt I did well enough, but could have been a lot sweeter had I caught a hand in second hour, and didn't finish in the top 60 for the money, oh well.

I've been reguarly a low-limt hold'em player, and I gave up on limit ring games for awhile, I ventured into the Sit & Go arena and seem to be more comfortable, I don't know if it's that I don't seem to have to concentrate for so long, as they typically don't run any longer than 40 minutes, but I've so far doubled my buy-in to Pacfic in a week, not boasting, it's just finally nice to show a profit at this thing they call poker. I've been playing 20+2's and finding some weak opposition overall, I was curious what the $50+5's and $100+9's are like. I don't have enough bankroll to sit there right now, but was just wondering if there's a big difference in the opposition at those levels.

Anyway, just figured I'd stop in and share a kinda disapointing $100,000 Gaurenteed first tournament story, I'd like to get back and hopefully play a more well-rounded game

Cheers all,

Hound