New direction for my game..

Well it's been about a year and a half since I started playing online...

I've come to the point where my game is pretty stable and not afraid to play against most anyone..
I do know my limitations and for this have decided to try and take a more serious approach to my play...

A friend from texas who went pro approx 8 monthes ago and was doing very very well before and I have come to an agreement..

He is going to monitor my play in 6 max limit games in return for some monetary benifits for him..  IE  My rake for awhile..

Here's the plan he's set up for me..

Starting off all my play will be 1/2 6max on Empire.( Bank Roll 677$)  Odd number but with this monthes 15% bonus up to 100$ it made sense.

1000 Hands a day minimum

He's going over HH's and looking at trouble hands for me..

We'll be discussing hands over msn and hopfully Ventrillo soon.

Also I'll be watching his play at 5/10 6 max while I'm at 1/2 6m to get a better feel for when I move up..

He'll continue to help/Coach me until I'm at 5/10 6m full time and winning at it..\

I may also be playing 2/4 3/6 and 5/10 full on the side as my roll builds up to help it grow..

4 tabling 1/2 1k hands is easy so I will be playing the odd tourny still ..

After 3 days I've gotten off to a rocky start.. ( Bank @ 519$ ) haven't recieved my bonus yet. Bank roll may not match my stats below cause I have party 2/4 full stats mixed in with some empire.. believe I lost the missing 50$ at 2/4 on empire..

Believe at the moment I'm down 220$ or 110BB's  at 1/2 6m  Not a great start. But it's made me really watch hand selections and post flop play.

I've had 5 of last 6 sessions in the green so maybe it is turning around..

Played a little 2/4 also ..

1/2 6m stats 40 sessions, 18 winning, (-$220) won, 2733 hands, 32.32 hours, (-3.42) bb/100 , vpip 19.43%
2/4 full emp/party  14 sessions 11 winning,$339$ won 866hands 12 hours  7bb/100  vpip 19.23%

Comments

• 1/2 6m stats 40 sessions

How many are you playing at once?

Is one session = a session or does it equal one table?

My advice would be to play less tables. If you are playing four tables it is because you have developed a highly effective rote strategy. But, you post implies that you are in "learning mode." If you are, then slow down and spend a lot more time on the analysis. At least, that's what I would do.

Does your friend make a living at $5-10 short handed?
  • ummm

3 or 4 tables..

I was calling each table a session
  • yeah

he's playing 5/10 10/20 and 15/30 6max

he running a 5k to 25k in 25 days quest atm..
  • What's a 'quest ATM'?

Bill
  • Quest lol is a RPG term...

he's set a short term goal for himself
  • ATM - > at the moment :D