Team Canuck Tournament Jun 25 - WSOP freeroll

The NEXT ParadisePoker.com Team Canuck Poker tournament takes place on June 25, 2005 at 10:00 PM EST.

The Team Canuck WSOP Championship Freeroll

The cost:  $10+1

The game:  No-limit hold’em.

The amazing Paradise perks: The top three finishers will get a freeroll in a Paradise $200 WSOP super-satellite. $200 satellite run every second day in June. You pick your day. Hopefully, your $11 entry will see you all the way to the WSOP Championship, July 7-15. This $600 is not part of the prize pool, it is added by ParadisePoker.com.

More amazing perks: ParadisePoker.com is, once again, placing a bounty on each member of Team Canuck Poker. Knock any one of us out and you get $50.

Wanted:  DAS_DAS $50 (Dave Scharf)
                turniptruck $50 (Bob Jarrett)
                all_aces $50 (Devin Armstrong)
                FastWilly $50 (Ralph Mair)

One final perk: The top three finishers receive Team Canuck Poker caps.

Join us two weeks before "the Big One" for a freeroll shot at playing the WSOP Championsnip.

See http://www.canadianpoker.com/Team-Canuck/TCPTourney.htm for details.

Comments

• The last one was a blast, was at a table with FastWilly but never had a chance to try and get the bounty, a lot of fun tho, thanks and keep them rolling :)
  • Hopefully I can play in the next one, we had a home game on the night of the last tourney.

Team Canuck owned the on-line world last night, well 50% of them anyways. Bob won a MASTERS III seat(Paradise) and all aces took down the 100.00 freeze out (Stars) for $5900.00. Lets get the other half into gear.

Dave, how many of the WSOP events are you playing in? And how many events is your cousin Ralph gonna play?
  • I am playing in events 2,3,4. So are Bob, Ralph, and Devin.

Bob and I will be playing the main event (Bob won his seat on Paradise). Ralph and Devin *might* be playing the main event -- they will need to win a satellite or win big in events 2,3,4.

Other half of the team? Ralph has been playing $30-60 triple draw on UB against the likes of Miami John. I have been making a small profit on the Paradise $20-40 game (although I started my Parardise run with a long losing streak). Hey... we're cash game players. Don't see is in the tournaments too often. And, that's because we have kids. Bob's out of that phase. Devin has not yet entered the zone.

And... way to go Bob and Devin!

I will be playing the Paradise Masters this weekend, too.
  • Damn!!!! got to miss it again!!!
  • I am in as always.

This time I hope my QQ doesn't run into AA.

I have played the first two tournaments and have absolutely loved both of them. They are a lot of fun and it is nice to see so many familiar names. I really recommend it to everyone.

I also started a Paradise account because of this tournament and now I play there all the time.

Paradise is awesome for the extra perks for these events.
  • Argh. Really wanted to take part in this one, but it piggybacks on the KWSOP. I'll try again next month!

.... or I'll play both at the sametime (Hooray for wireless laptops!!)
  • Oh crap. I just realized that.

What to do, what to do.
  • I am hopeful that in July (or August) there will be a "series" of Team Canuck tournaments that will have a bigger prize at the end... I'm working... and thinking...
  • hmmm, that's my 10th Anniversary.....already skipping the KWSOP for that...wonder if the wife will mind?

maybe I can bring a laptop out to dinner, I'm sure she won't notice?
  • I've said it before, but I will say it again...

What are you a weenie? There will always be another anniversary. There may never be another poker game. Sheesh.
  • lol...damn right....I'm whipped Dave...and I'll admit it....women have the ultimate control.

as much as I'm addicted to poker, there is another p-word I'm even more addicted to!!!!!!

:D

that said.....I should have her tired out and sleeping soundly by the time the tourney starts.....count me in!!!!!
  • That's the spirit!

Man... what a night you have planned. Wow.
  • So how many people are registered (and approx how many do you guys expect) for this paradise tourney on the 25th?

I am thinking about playing, although I have never seen or tried the paradise software...was just curious what the turnout would be

for something like this? like 50 or like 500 ???
  • The first tourney had 181. The last one had 127(was on the saturday of the long weekend, not a great date).
  • Sounds great, I'll be there donating my money.
  • Well with the cancellation of the KWSOP, I am going to be there. THe last two tournaments were fantastic.
  • What are you a weenie? There will always be another anniversary. There may never be another poker game. Sheesh.

Wow. How ironic now that the KWSOP is cancelled and local games are being cracked down.
    This tourney sounds great though. Guess I'll have to join in the fun too.

Dom
  • I might play in this one, although i hate Saturday as the day for them! The shitty thing is I can't even go to the WSOP yet ... stupid 21 limit.... stupid late birthday ... blah
  • sorry have to miss this one ..... work is calling my name .......... BUT OMG way to ALL ACES very proud of you
  • I have to work (my mlb.com job), but it's from home, and I might be done between 10:00 and 11:00.

If it looks like that will be the case, I will probably register, and then post and fold until I'm able to play.

Maybe I'll get the All_Aces bounty the real way this time. Well, ok, probably not. :D

macbb
  • Once again I'd love to play but previous commitments preclude my participation. One of these days I'll get the chance to play with Team Canuck. And the overlay's not bad either. :)
  • I am in.. my name is tnt123... see ya there :D
  • Come on folks....1 1/2 hrs left and only 35 registered. I am really looking forward to this. I had to register under a different name...RickBzdel. I don't bluff..even with my name!!!!!! (lol) Hope you guys believe that come game time.
  • Not to worry...it will all fill in within the last 15 minutes....like last time!!
  • SOOOO.....

How'd it go?
  • http://www.pokerforum.ca/forum/index.php?topic=4857.0

I believe the play by play is under this thread Rob.
  • I'm curious to hear how DJP did in the WSOP sat?