Do "tight" or "solid" players get monster drawdowns?

I was just wondering about that after doing a lot of 2+2 reading...it seems like the monster downswings in bankroll happen much more frequently to the players who err towards the maniac style of play...

Comments?

Bill

Comments

• This would not be my intuition.

I'd expect a maniac to have more frequent and larger bankroll swings (in both directions) than a tight/solid player would have. (Assuming both are playing the same limit of course.)

The only thing I could think of counter to this, is it may be more likely for a tight/solid player to go on tilt. However, unless the tilt is quite extreme, I still can't imagine a solid player who is on tilt playing much worse than a maniac, who is (by definition) consistently playing poker badly.

ScottyZ
  • You misread the posts.. Tight solid players suffer more suckouts and get outdrawn in general because they're only involved in hands where they are ahead and the rest of the field needs to catch up..

Now, the AGRESSIVE players can see bigger swings than the normal person because they push marginal situations harder than your typical passive.