50% reload bonus on Empire this Tuesday (May 10th)

I have no affiliation with the site, and stand to gain nothing from sharing this information.  Having said that, for all the other bonus whores out there...  This popped up today when I went to Empire after a long time off:

Would you like a BONUS?
Now is your chance do get $100*!

50% Reload BONUS!

All you need to do is use deposit code
Tuesday100 on your next real money deposit
and get 50% up to $100* bonus.
This promotion will be valid only during May 10th,
from 00:01am EST until 11:59pm EST.

*Terms and conditions apply.

Comments

• Thanks for that.
  • No problem.  I'm 240 hands into my 1000 right now. :D
  • I went to make my deposit this morning but got a popup saying that my account had been cancelled and to call Empire support. This is my only Empire account and a do have accounts at all the Party skins. Most of my recent play at Empire has been working off bonuses, but last year I did spend a fair amount of time at the site just playing poker. I may call them tonight to see what the deal is, but with pending (albeit slower) bonuses at Stars and Full Tilt, I'm not too bent out of shape.
  • Same here. It's kinda funny. I open the software and right away am greeted by a pop-up for their 50% bonus today. I then go to login - "Your account has been temporarily frozen..."

Recently I have only played there when a reload bonus is on (though I used to play there regularly. From reading about this on other forums, seems that they are targetting bonus-whores with the account closures.

So... If you don't want me to come for dinner, then stop inviting me. If I don't come over any other time, then that's your problem, not mine.

I have no other reason to play on Empire. If they don't want my rake, then they won't get my rake. But I find this rather lame.
  • I'm proud to say I've never played at empire for anything more than the bonuses and they havent touched me.

So there appears to be no rhyme or reason.
  • There are a lot of rumours flying about how this is targeted at bonus whores or people who have multiple accounts, but I've seen a lot of different people have their accounts frozen and a lot get through unscathed. I'm not entirely sure what their criteria are. Even though I don't much care about having my account closed (there's no money there) I may still have to call just to figure out the reasoning behind the decision. I have heard that anyway who had money in their account and had it closed did successfully get their money back.
  • Here's the email explanation I received from them:

Dear Chris,

Thank you for contacting customer support.

For your information, Empire Poker management decided to close accounts of few inactive players, who chose not to play on empire at all, but constantly claimed its bonuses. All blocked accounts were chosen through very restricted ruling to prevent any active player from being harmed.

Empire Poker is known for its generous bonuses, FreeRolls and prize adding for long now. Empire does not appreciate players who take advantage of this generosity and chose to show up only to cash bonuses.

Each of the accounts closed, seemed to act according to the above and therefore was closed. Players with blocked accounts will be able to cash out their funds within the next two weeks, coordinated with our support team at vip@empriepoker.com.1

Empire Poker will take all necessary steps to prevent players from playing only for bonuses on its tables, while keeping its active players satisfied and rewarded for their play through the VIP program, Royal Flush Club, reload bonuses, Tournament Masters program etc.

If you have any more concerns or suggestions please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

Harry
    Empire Poker
    VIP Players Club
    Customer Support Team
    www.ep.com

Oh well, no biggie.  I will email them with my concerns and suggestions, but I don't expect them to care.  Neither do I, really.  I don't see anything that Empire offers that would give me reason to choose it over other sites... (which is the main reason why I only play there for bonuses)

1 would be great if they spelled their email address correctly.
  • Hork,

Email empire and tell them you want your pennies back.. They'll send you $5.
  • Already done that. My 21 cents will go a long way! :)