freerolls? is it really free?

freerolls? is it really free? and which poker sites offers them? thx

Comments

• Yes, freerolls are free. Occasionally freeroll tournaments require a non-cash form of payment such as some kind of frequent player points, or maybe just play money.

I know that PokerStars offers a few true multi-table freeroll tournaments each day, and I remember that I was able to enter freerolls before ever having real money in my account there. Of course, that was quite some time ago. To give you an idea, I played in PokerStars freeroll tournament #1182. I finished 13th out of 592 players. Not bad for my first time (a) playing 7 card stud high-low, and (b) playing in a tournament. 8)

I think PartyPoker has play money (which means they are also pretty much true freerolls) single-table tournaments too.

ScottyZ
  • Some freerolls at Royal Vegas Poker require 50 raked hands in the last 24 hours. But there are some absolutely free ones, but have a smaller prize pool of course. I won one of the absolutely free ones last week and got $125. 8)
  • Jay wrote:
    Some freerolls at Royal Vegas Poker require 50 raked hands in the last 24 hours. But there are some absolutely free ones, but have a smaller prize pool of course. I won one of the absolutely free ones last week and got $125. 8)

wow J
  • I can always use more freerolls. Thanks for the info. lol
  • Freerolls are great.

I play on royalvegaspoker.com and aim for the 50 raked hands where you can play on the $1000 FREEROLL. I've gotten to the final tables a bunch of times there and made some money!
  • I play the pokerroom $500 Freeroll daily, good chance to get free MTT Experience
  • i believe that freerolls aren't actually free.. it takes roughly around 2-3 hours if u even get close to the money.. and with so many players entered u have to get a good run of cards.. i find that most player can make 2xBB in 2-3 hours .. so basically i figure that depending on ur skill level ur wasting a possible 6$ profit for every freeroll you play... time is money and time should be use more effectively .. even if ur just learning nl tournaments i would not recommend doing freerolls to practice.. u should do a sng because the players will be playing like they have something to lose rather than a freeroll
  • Tilter wrote:
    I play the pokerroom $500 Freeroll daily, good chance to get free MTT Experience

how do ya avg? :?: :D

what's MTT again? :?:
  • " wrote:
    " wrote:
    I play the pokerroom $500 Freeroll daily, good chance to get free MTT Experience

how do ya avg? :?: :D

what's MTT again? :?:
    MTT-Multi Table Tournament

I do okay (100 ish, only places in money twice)

RVP I do relatively well in the $1000 Freeroll (I saw 70% of the time i place in the money)
  • " wrote:
    i believe that freerolls aren't actually free.. it takes roughly around 2-3 hours if u even get close to the money.. and with so many players entered u have to get a good run of cards.. i find that most player can make 2xBB in 2-3 hours .. so basically i figure that depending on ur skill level ur wasting a possible 6$ profit for every freeroll you play... time is money and time should be use more effectively .. even if ur just learning nl tournaments i would not recommend doing freerolls to practice.. u should do a sng because the players will be playing like they have something to lose rather than a freeroll
    ???
    The question is are freerolls FREE? Does it cost money, no, so it is FREE!
    Dam newbies!
  • Tilter: What's your screenname at RVP? I play there too, screenname: Reelishymn.
  • Time is money .. so money = time .. thus loss of time = loss of potential money.. think of the big picture.. the macro effect of doing freerolls
    and obviously free rolls are free..
  • " wrote:
    Tilter: What's your screenname at RVP? I play there too, screenname: Reelishymn.
    Screen name is Tilter :D
  • double post...sorry
  • " wrote:
    Time is money .. so money = time .. thus loss of time = loss of potential money.. think of the big picture.. the macro effect of doing freerolls
    and obviously free rolls are free..
    Poorplayers play real money = more greater potential loss of money, poorplayer playing freerolls = experienced gain, potential earning from freeroll and future potential earning from tables (due to experience gained from Freeroll)

Good players can also play other tables the same time as freeroll and gain money. Freerolls are FREE, if you are a good MTT player you can make money. Most have $80+ prizes and only take 3-4 hours of your time, so if your a good player you can make some extra cash on the side while playing your ring games. Got to think of the LARGER macro effect!