ARG, Great Call turns into a Beat :( EP $200K

Played my way into the Empire Poker 200K, $250+20.

After 1h 40 minutes, sitting at 2K (slightly above avg) on 50/100 blinds. Raise to 250 with Q9s, and BB slowly calls. Flop comes down QJ8, SB checks and I bet out 350 into the 550 pot (in these big tourneys, you always leave yourselves some outs). Guy goes immediately over the top all in. Leaving me with 1300 or so. Pot was 2600 ish. I clicked my time bank and started thinking, as I didn't see this guy do it yet. and I felt my pair Queens were good. Click call, player flips A9d, and turn is K river is A and I am pushed out of the tourney. EP has huge overlays on this tourney, as 200K had 543 put up $250+20 (for $104 overlay and top 60 paying, 51-60 getting $800). I guess it wasn't meant to be.

This is the 2nd time I have played a huge tourney like this where last time I had QQ all in on a ragged flop called by AT to be turned an A. :(

I was feeling really pumped too. had a great week of poker and was really feelin that I could make a good run if I played correctly and made all the great calls.