Where do you buy poker books?

Hey, Dave

Where do you (or anyone else out there from Saskatoon) buy poker books - online, local bookstores? I have been looking for any of Sklansky's, Caro's or Kreiger's books around Saskatoon, and have had no luck. The only books I find (besides yours - very good by the way) are Super System 1 (I think I might of seen SS2), a bunch of Hellmuth books, and the rest looks like junk.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Buster wrote:
    ... a bunch of Hellmuth books, and the rest looks like junk.

worse than phil's book???

(ha. like i've ever written a book tho)
  • Buy your books at Amazon.ca or Chapters.ca. good pricing and they deliver in 3-4 days.
  • I'll second the amazon.ca/chapters.ca vote...   The pricing online is often better than in the B&M bookstore.  Even if you have to pay for shipping1, it works out to be cheaper than buying it in the store.

hork.

1 both online merchants have a free shipping option if you buy more than $39 in merchandise.
  • I am a big fan of www.Conjelco.com. Great guy (Chuck Weinstock) and I have ordered almost all of my books from him. I have been ordering from Chuck since 1996 at least.

I guess it's my politics. If I can, I prefer to give my money to a small business rather than a big box like Chapters or Amazon (both of which I do use because they're great). www.Conjeco.com has always been great. He published Lee Jones and Lou Krieger back before poker was big (you know, about 18 months ago). And, he has always been involved with BARGE and a bunch of other fun poker things.
  • Or do what Dave says. He's right sometimes too. ;)
  • I second that too. Small guy is better.