Hammer Poker - Summer Saturdays

edited July 21 in Poker Games
roh13x935wme.png

Summer holiday is almost here, and I need to fill up some time playing poker. The dates below are days I'm available to host. Please post or PM to reserve a seat. As long as we get at least 6 players the game will be good to go. I'm not going to decide on all the game rotations right now, but they will basically be the usual random assortment of Omaha variants, some dealer's choice, and possibly a limit night.
  • July 6 - 5 Card Pot Limit Omaha and Pot Limit Omaha 8
    1. trigs
    2. holychow
    3. shankargv
    4. g2
    5. rtj3333
    6. niks1
    7. woog30
    8. moose311
    9. Craig H
    Waitlist:
    1. martinmc13
  • July 13 - Big O and Double Board ImPLOcean
    1. trigs
    2. g2
    3. Cameron
    4. Eric
    5. martinmc13
  • July 20 - Dealer's Choice
    1. trigs
    2. holychow
    3. niks1
    4. V (T)
    5. Cameron
    6. Martin
    7. woog30
    8. Falloon
    9. g2
  • August 3 - 5 Card Stumpler and Omahugi
    1. trigs
  • August 10 -
    1. trigs
  • August 17 - ?
  • August 24 - ?

Location is in Hamilton
$0.50-$0.50 blinds
$100 buy-in with rebuys/add-ons up to 50% of biggest stack
9 seats max

*RAKE FREE*

*Multiple straddling starting from UTG is allowed*

*Optional $5 high hand jackpot*

*One bomb pot button will be given to every player to start. They can be used at any time in between hands to make the next hand a bomb pot. Bomb pots will be $5 and be Double Board PLO. Once you use your bomb pot button, it is removed from the game.*

Comments

• I’ll likely play at least once or twice. But will likely be closer to a game time decision as I know we have quite a few family plans throughout the summer
    trigs
  • July 6th and 20th please.
    trigs
  • rtj3333 wrote: »
    I’ll likely play at least once or twice. But will likely be closer to a game time decision as I know we have quite a few family plans throughout the summer

Figured most are busy over the summer. Barely had any games run last year. Hopefully we'll get a few to run this year.
  • I’ll definitely be there for some of them, but I’ll have to let you know when it gets a little closer.
    trigs
  • in for Jul 6
    trigs
  • I can't make any of the July dates but should be able to make it out to a game in August. I'll let you know closer to the date.
    trigs
  • In for July 6 & 13 please
    trigs
  • Put me in for July 6th for the time being. Hopefully more to come
    trigs
  • July 6 and tentative for July 13 please.
    trigs
  • 6th please
    trigs
  • in for July 6 please
    trigs
  • Tentative for the 13th please
    trigs
  • Trigs, please add my buddy Craig H to the game on the 6th. Thanks!
    trigs
  • Add me to the waitlist for the 6th please.
    trigs
  • When do the doors open? When do the cards hit the table?
  • holychow wrote: »
    When do the doors open? When do the cards hit the table?

Doors open 6:30. Game starts 7pm.
    holychow
  • Thanks!

Please PM your address.
  • FYI, for those coming from Cambridge area, the highway 52 exit onto the 403 is closed right now (actually the whole street was closed at Jerseyville roundabout). So if you're taking that way, an alternative route is left on Jerseyville, right on Shaffer, left on Wilson and then jump onto the 403.
  • @torontotablecpt please let me know if you can make it this weekend. Looking for at least 6 for game to run and need 2 more.
  • trigs wrote: »
    @torontotablecpt please let me know if you can make it this weekend. Looking for at least 6 for game to run and need 2 more.
    Sorry can’t make it anymore
  • Only 5 players for tomorrow's game, so looks like it's cancelled :(

Still need at least 2 more players for July 20 dealer's choice game!
  • One more player needed for July 20 dealer's choice game!

I also updated the OP with August 3 games. The rotation will be 5 Card Stumpler and Omahugi round by round.

Stumpler Rules: 5 hole cards per player. Basically it's PLO8, but if there's no low qualifier on the board, then the highest ranking hole card matching the suit of the river card wins half the pot.

Omahugi Rules: 4 hole cards per player. Split pot game between the best Omaha high hand using any 2 hole cards and 3 community cards, and the best Badugi hand using any 2 hole cards and 2 community cards.

As host, I will reserve the right to change up a game if it's not working out well. I've never played Omahugi so we'll give it a try and see how it goes.
  • edited July 15
    We have 6 players for Saturday so game is on.
    We have 6 players for Friday so game is on.

You mean Saturday right?
    trigs
  • Sorry, yes Saturday.
  • For this Saturday, we have 6 guaranteed and 2 tentative. Still have room for more!
  • @trigs What's on the menu for tonight? 😋
  • edited July 20
    holychow wrote: »
    @trigs What's on the menu for tonight? 😋

Pizza.

Edit: I got the normal one I get (a meat lovers), and the wife wanted a Roma pizza as well, so that will be available also along with some chips and stuff too.
  • For the August 10th game, I'm thinking we should try for a tournament. $100 buy-in NLHE and PLO (game will switch each blind level). Doors open 1pm, tournament starts 1:30pm. Cash game to follow.

The tournament will run if we get enough interest, otherwise I'll just run a cash game at the regular time. Let me know if you're interested.
    For the August 10th game, I'm thinking we should try for a tournament. $100 buy-in NLHE and PLO (game will switch each blind level). Doors open 1pm, tournament starts 1:30pm. Cash game to follow.

The tournament will run if we get enough interest, otherwise I'll just run a cash game at the regular time. Let me know if you're interested.

There's already a tournament running this day, so just ignore this. I'll just try for a cash game. Maybe tournament the following week.
    Gottaget