Bristol St Poker - 2023 Event #10 "THE BIG BET" - $20 w/ 2 max rebuys - Fri, Dec 8th

edited December 2023 in Poker Games
We made it! The official end of the 2023 season and we're going out with a BIG BANG. Introducing our very first 7-Game Big Bet tournament!!
Bristol Street Poker at the Compound presents...

<3 THE BIG BET - 2023 - EVENT #10 <3
7-Game Big Bet (Big O; No-Limit Hold’em, No-Limit 2-7 Lowball Draw, Pot-Limit Omaha Hi-Lo 8 or Better, No-Limit 5-Card Draw High, Pot-Limit Omaha, Pot-Limit 2-7 Lowball Triple Draw)
$20 with 2 max rebuys.
FRI, Dec 8th - 7:00pm
(doors open at 6:45pm)

$20 - 20 Min levels - 20,000 Chips - 24 player max. - Maximum 2 rebuys.

$$$ Pay-outs $$$
1st place - 40%
2nd place - 27%
3rd place - 19%
4th place - 14%
(Top 3 with 2 tables, Top 5 with 4)

Late players: If you know you're going to be late, let me know and a seat and chips will be set out for you and you will post blinds and fold until you arrive.

If you do not let me know that you'll be late, we'll keep your chips out for a level and then remove then. You can buy in when you show up, but will pay a penalty of 4 rounds of blinds/ante per level (or partial level you miss)

The tournament will last approximately 5-6 hours. Seating is limited to 24 players. (8 max tables) Please reserve your seat in advance!! The final table will form with 9 players left.

Cash game chips will be available as tables open up. (Suggested .25/.50 $60 max)

As always, tournaments at The Compound are rake-free!!

DA RULEZ:

After every 6th hand, the game will rotate to the next on the list. If you're not sure how to play one of the games, use a computer to learn it, or sit out. In order, the games are...

Big O (5 Card Pot-Limit Omaha Hi-Lo 8 or Better)
No-Limit Hold’em
No-Limit 2-7 Lowball Draw
Pot-Limit Omaha Hi-Lo 8 or Better
No-Limit 5-Card Draw High
Pot-Limit Omaha
Pot-Limit 2-7 Lowball Triple Draw

Comments

• edited December 2023
    Reserve List

1. Zithal
    2. Beach2002
    3. BigMac
    4. DrTyore
    5. EdtheTed
    6. King Mob
    7. DataMn
    8. waltsfriend
    9. Rtj3333
    10. Roconnor
    12. Moose
    13. Thiyagu
    14. Rtj3333's Dad Peter
    15. Dumbfishy
    16. JohnnieH
    waltsfriend
  • In from Bimini beach!!
  • In - BugMac
  • I'm in

Mark
  • I'm in! You just have to ensure one or two 'experts' are at each table!
  • I am in.
    Probably late.
  • Sign me up please.
  • Count me in sir
  • Please add me
  • In Please
  • I’ll need the address when you get the chance
  • Reserves are now all caught up to start the week off. I've chatted with a couple people that have concerns about the slowdown in play due to switching games, so I've gotten a few suggestions on how to keep things moving...

1) Learn the games beforehand - We won't be taking away from playing time to teach games. If you're not sure about a game, fold for a few hands and ask questions to those who are not in a hand.
    2) Let the cards speak - Especially for Omaha, but really for any game, reveal your ENTIRE hand at showdown (or muck) and announce the hand you think you have (then be slightly embarrassed when others correct it for you) For the lowball games, the way to announce games are "7-6 low", or "9-8-4-low". If you don't know what this means, see Item #1
    3) One player tracks - Nominate one player to keep track of the number of hands played (I'll have separate chips to track this) and to announce when games change.
    4) One set of blinds - This is one that I'm playing with and not set in stone. In traditional 8-game there are 3 sets of blinds for the various games. I *may* switch this to only have a single blind structure to reduce complexity.

Any other thoughts/recommendations from others?

Really excited for this one!!

• edited December 2023
    5 card draw, I assume is single draw?

2-7 triple draw is a limit game, not pot limit. If you want 7 games, you could add 5 card Omaha

Drop the triple draw and I don't see why you can't use a single set of blinds.

Antes do not count as part of the pot preflop in pot limit games.

• moose wrote: »
    2-7 triple draw is a limit game, not pot limit.

Excerpt from GG Poker.

"This variation of 2-7 Triple Draw uses the pot limit betting format. "

https://ggpoker.com/blog/beginner-strategy/2-7-triple-draw/
  • edited December 2023
    King Mob wrote: »
    moose wrote: »
    2-7 triple draw is a limit game, not pot limit.

Excerpt from GG Poker.

"This variation of 2-7 Triple Draw uses the pot limit betting format. "

https://ggpoker.com/blog/beginner-strategy/2-7-triple-draw/

Exact same page.

Fixed Limit 2-7 Triple Draw

The most common form of 2-7 Triple Draw uses the fixed limit betting format.

Just because some website wrote it doesn't mean anyone plays it that way.
  • We’re not going to argue semantics again are we?
  • edited December 2023
    I'm basing this (mostly) off of the 2023 Big Bet event which runs the Triple Draw 2-7 as a PL game. (https://www.wsop.com/pdfs/structuresheets/structure_5219_21738.pdf)

The other draw games are NL single draw.

In PL antes only count as part of the pot, after the flop.

Been looking at the schedule and I don't see a strong argument for having 3 different blinds per level, so I'm more than happy to have a single blind structure for all games. (including having the BB ante = the BB for all games) (Unless someone can convince me otherwise) (Aside: I acknowledge that someone smarter than I likely has very good reasons to have slightly different values.)
  • Procedure if there are insufficient cards for the draw games (esp triple draw).

1. Each round all players declare how many cards they are drawing
    2. Players receive replacement cards in order starting from dealers left.
    3. If there are insufficient cards remaining in the stub, the last card in the deck is never dealt.
    4. If it is the final draw and the burn cards and remaining stub card (4 total) is sufficient to complete the draw then they are washed by the dealer and slid to the players still in need of cards (don't toss them, to prevent any possibility of flipping a card)
    5. If the cards needed to complete the draw are insufficient or more than one draw remains, all folded cards, burn cards, discards from any previous draws (not the current draw - make sure they are kept separate) and the remaining stub card are shuffled. Burn one card for each round (eg. if it is the second draw, burn two cards to track the number of draws, final draw burn 3 cards). Then deal the remaining replacement cards.
    Zithal
  • I’m a maybe.
  • niks1 wrote: »
    I’m a maybe.

My maybe is now a not available. Have fun all.
    EdtheTed
  • edited December 2023
    I may not be able to make it till 9pm, can I show up for cash? And when is the cutoff time for tourney entry?
  • My Dad (his name is Peter) is going to come join tonight as well
  • Unfortunately I need.to back out tonight, I have unplanned company for.the night,sorry for the last minute notice
  • shankargv wrote: »
    I may not be able to make it till 9pm, can I show up for cash? And when is the cutoff time for tourney entry?

It's usually, just after 8pm. Please note the penalty for late shows above. You're welcome to swing by to see if I cash game happening.
  • Coming direct from ajax. May be late traffic depending
    Zithal