how low can u go?

I had an extremely frustrating session last night.  I think I hit my all time low v$ip (voluntarily putting money in the pot pre-flop) at 12.33%.  It was still a profitable session at 2.46 BB/100 hands (thousand hands), and it could have been more profitable if I didn't let the pent-up aggression get to me, late in the evening/morning.  Three dumb hands cost me 10BB, and it could have been a 3.46bb/100 night!

Anyone ever play a long session this tight?

Cheers
Magi

Comments

• all night baby ... oh yah :D

first thing i'm not a marathon poker session player. my longest session's top out at 200 hands and they are the exception.

checking poker tracker, not including my play on pacific (where i'm more likely to have played any marathon sessions if ever) the closest i come to that is two sessions of 117 and 118 hands with VPIP of 11.11 and 11.86 respectively

I do have a number of sessions of 30-50 hands with VPIP in the single digits though.
  • Chugs wrote:
    all night baby ... oh yah  :D

first thing I'm not a marathon poker session player.   my longest session's top out at 200 hands and they are the exception.   

checking poker tracker, not including my play on pacific (where i'm more likely to have played any marathon sessions if ever) the closest i come to that is two sessions of 117 and 118 hands with VPIP of 11.11 and 11.86 respectively

I do have a number of sessions of 30-50 hands with VPIP in the single digits though.

Just another day at the office -- more like two sessions on two tabling.  I get punchy after about 6 hrs -- hence the tiltorama for three hands and 10BB leak.  Hard to tell around 100 hands.  Do you remember them? 

I found it amazing at how the "pressure" was building in me, in that I was itching to play more hands -- good thing I resisted that temptation though.   The tilt was from overplaying good hands.  I can't imagine how horrible of a session it could have been if I had even played 20 more hands in questionable situations -- and that would have "seemed" tight as I would have been under 15% vp$ip

Cheers
    Magi
  • I don't recall those sessions but i do know that the 'pressure' of not playing hands does start getting to me in live play. In internet play at least i can be doing other stuff also.