$1-$1 PLO-5 - High Only (Paris)

edited December 2023 in Poker Games
Date: Saturday, December 2, 2023
Time: 7PM - 1AM (Door Open at 6:30)
Game: PLO-5 (Bomb Pots will be 4 Card PLO)

$1-$1 Blinds ($100min - $300max)
Then half big stack reloads.

Address to be sent the week of the game to anyone interested.

No rake, On Main Table Dealer will be provided, tips encouraged please.

Looks like this one is popular so 2 tables will run as long as their are 6 or more for table 2. Game will feed into table 1.

BYOB/Food/drinks

Players:
1. Coordinator
2. Rob M
3. Dan
4. Cookie
5. Colin R.
6. Moose
7. g2
8. Trigs

Waitlist

Comments

• In please
    TheCoordinator
  • In please.
    TheCoordinator
  • How do you do the bomb pots again? Frequency and amount? Just curious.
  • We are gonna randomize 2 cards from the deck, you win and show with either of those cards next hand is a bomb pot.
    trigs
  • Tentative please
    TheCoordinator
  • table 2 will be a go if there are 6 firm for the 2nd.
  • edited November 2023
    Need datamn or moose311 to confirm but 2/52*5 = 19.2% bomb pots. Seems excessive.

2/52+2/51+2/50+2/49+2/48 = 20%, more accurately I think.
  • moose wrote: »
    Need datamn or moose311 to confirm but 2/52*5 = 19.2% bomb pots. Seems excessive.

Thats fair. Ill scheme up a few bomb pot scenarios to make them less frequent yet still attainable.

I have seen any pot folded to the blinds, next hand is a bomb pot.
  • g2g2
    edited November 2023
    moose wrote: »

This math doesn't make sense to me.

It seems more like it answers the question, how likely is it that the community cards contain either of the 2 designated cards.
    We are gonna randomize 2 cards from the deck, you win and show with either of those cards next hand is a bomb pot.

More like a 1 in 26 chance of a bomb pot I'd guess. ~4%. Not counting for the motivation some, myself included, may feel towards trying extra hard to win the hand when I happen to have either of the designated cards.

Looking forward to @DataMn correcting both of us :)
  • g2 wrote: »
    We are gonna randomize 2 cards from the deck, you win and show with either of those cards next hand is a bomb pot.

More like a 1 in 26 chance of a bomb pot I'd guess. ~4%. Not counting for the motivation some, myself included, may feel towards trying extra hard to win the hand when I happen to have either of the designated cards.

That was the intended goal, that if you have one of those cards in your hand you would be motivated to show down with that card for a bomb pot.
  • edited November 2023
    g2 wrote: »

It seems more like it answers the question, how likely is it that the community cards contain either of the 2 designated cards.

OR

Consider this: if the board contains 5 cards and your hand contains 5 cards then it is ALSO the chance that your hand contains one of the two cards. B)

And that only considers that only the winner gets shown, ie a single hand. There will be many instances of multiple hands going to showdown so even more chance of a bomb pot card being shown.
  • moose wrote: »
    g2 wrote: »

OR

Consider this: if the board contains 5 cards and your hand contains 5 cards then it is ALSO the chance that your hand contains one of the two cards. B)

And that only considers that only the winner gets shown, ie a single hand. There will be many instances of multiple hands going to showdown so even more chance of a bomb pot card being shown.

Bomb pot card must be in the winning hand, not in a showdown hand.
  • We are gonna randomize 2 cards from the deck, you win and show with either of those cards next hand is a bomb pot.

I was assuming the 2 designated cards had to be hole cards, not just any of the winning 5 card hand. I believe that was the intent.
    TheCoordinator
  • Heads up for anyone coming to the game from KW-Cambridge going through downtown the Santa Claus parade will be blocking that route so take hwy 24 to osborne corners.
    geq8cv7cl8s1.jpg
  • I might be able to come out and play, but will be a game time decision as I have a family Christmas party that day. If I can play i’ll text one of moose, Trigs or G2 to see how the two table situation is going. Hope this is ok with you?
    TheCoordinatorg2
  • Out of curiosity, would you start with two tables with your current list of players?
  • edited December 2023
    rtj3333 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, would you start with two tables with your current list of players?

No, would have to have 6+ for 2nd table.

I dont want to set up 2 tables for short handed play.
  • It doesn’t look like I’ll be able to make it out tonight
    TheCoordinator
  • Anyone interested in coming late send me a PM, I can give you the address if you need.
  • edited December 2023
    Thanks for the players coming out for what turned out to be the 1 out fest and an absolute insane swingy game.

Special thanks to g2 for dealing and driving some of the guys back into Cambridge after the game.

Tuesday, December 26th will be PLO-5 again.
    trigsg2