Meet Simon!

Here is the newest member of my family Simon.

kitty3.jpg

He isn't much bigger than $100 in $5 chips

kittychips.jpg

kitty2.jpg

Comments

• nice kitty!

Cool! He's already learning how to play! :)

Kings? Big slick?

NH
  • My girlfriend grew up on a farm as both her father and sister are veteranarians, they had a lot of animals including cats. Her favourite cat of all time's name is Simon. Great name, beauty cat.

stp
  • That is insanely cute.

Looks like he's on the prowl for anyone after his chips in Photo #2, and has taken a keen interest in the shiny button in Photo #3. We can see that he's already grasped both the importance of protecting his bankroll, and the power of position.

ScottyZ
  • Real cute Kitty.

Cant let my girlfriend see this.

Gonna end up with another. :)
  • He looks exactly like my cat 'blackhead' did when she was tiny. I have a pic around here somewhere...

Is he still wobbly? That's my favourite part of when they are kittens.
  • KW Humane Society is a first class place. My wife picked up the following from there. She is one more cat away from becoming that crazy cat lady on Simpsons!

Tank
    adc80c89.jpg

Telly Monster
    e26c5290.jpg
  • awesome. If i could've grabbed more than one i definately would have! Telly manages to look a bit like a flying squirrel in that pic.  :)

glad to see you're able to take advantage of photobucket :)
  • Hey Sloth,
    That is one CUTE kitten!!

He(?) looks just like our cat Free..........................who passed away this morning, due to a lung infection. :'(
    She was 13 years old this month.
    She was having trouble breathing yesterday, so my wife took her info the vet, where she passed.

Life's weird, eh? Just last month you posted your "Lost a friend" post, and now I understand exactly what you and your family went through.

Ok, less saddness and more happiness........
    If you want a huge laugh, go get a laser pointer!!!! Cats go CRAZY :D for that little red dot!!!
    And since Simon is still a kitten, he'lll go EXTRA CRAZY! :D:D

I hope your new kitty brings you many, many years of joy and laughter.
    Give him a hug for me.

Thanks for "listening"....
    JohnnieH
  • We're about to lose one. It is kinda miserable to know that he is on his last few weeks, but still, we love him. He's 15 years old and he's lost 14 lbs in the last 2 months. It's sad, but what can you do. We're wrestling with putting him down, as he can not really walk or relieve himself properly, but he is still our cat and still acts as though nothing is wrong.

Life can suck sometimes. But there are other great things, like Simon.
  • How much did your cat weight before he lost 14lbs? Our older (well only now :'() cat weighs 21lbs!!

Enjoy every minute with him, and let him know how much you love him. If he's going to pass soon, then spoil him rotten!! Milk, Catnip, Beer what ever he enjoys, I say, let him live large!!

I you need to talk about it, I guess this is the place to do it!

Best Wishes,

JohnnieH
  • yeah, he used to be in the 28 pound range. He has lost another 6 lbs - he's kinda still normal, just WAY mellow now. It's hard to watch him, but he's been around for 15 years, so we're sort of just enjoying him.

When he goes, we're taking a break from new kitties for a while.
  • York,

Sorry to intrude, but I hope that you've taken your cat to the vet and had some tests done wrt the weight loss.
  • Nah - we decided today, I am going to take him into the vet this weekend for a long long nap :'(
  • but, having met simon, (and he's a riot) I remember that life's not all bad. Just brief moments.

See my pensive, introspective post from late the other night.