Hammer Poker - Summer Edition

edited August 2023 in Poker Games
xavsj3a2er60.png
I know it's always more difficult to get a game going in the summer. So, I figured I'd post all my games I'm willing to host at the same time, and try to get as many to run as I can. This will be the main thread with all the games listed, but will be dated for the first game. I'll post separately for the other dates, but you can sign up through this thread for all the games as well.

Game #1:
Saturday, July 15 - 7pm start
SOHE 3-1-1 and Double Board PLO8 (best high/best low on either board)
  1. trigs

Game #2:
Saturday, July 29 - 7pm start
Dealer's Choice
  1. trigs
  2. @g2
  3. @woog30
  4. @moose
  5. @moose311
  6. martinmc13

Game #3:
Saturday, August 12 - 7pm start
2 or 5 PLO and Stumpler
  1. trigs
  2. @woog30
  3. @torontotablecpt
  4. @moose311

Game #4:
Saturday, August 26 - 7pm start
Lazy Pineapple, ImPLOcean, Big O
  1. trigs
  2. @g2
  3. @moose
  4. woog30 (T)

Following will apply to all games:

Location is in Hamilton
$0.50-$0.50 blinds
$100 buy-in with rebuys/add-ons up to 50% of biggest stack

9 seats max but willing to open a second table if enough interest

*RAKE FREE*

*Multiple straddling starting from UTG is allowed (and maybe suggested, teased about, and even funded by other players occasionally)*

*Optional $5 high hand jackpot*

Comments

• Bump for next weekend - where is everyone? Stop taking vacations from poker!! lol
  • Sorry buddy, I’m working or have family commitments for all 4 games.
  • Sorry cant make game 1
  • You missed me for the12th in the other thread
  • You missed me for the12th in the other thread

Sorry.
  • Add me for July 29 and August 12 please.
    trigs
  • Out Aug 12
  • Bump for next weekend. Looking for at least one more for game to run. There will be food and snacks provided.
  • Not trying to hijack the thread guys but since it is a Hamilton group I was wondering if anyone is interested in playing in our tournament next Sunday (daytime) West Mountain (July 30th).

The blinds start out at 1 /2 and remain there for the full rebuy period. Players get 80 chips to start. The rebuy period is typically 2 hours. The tournament buy in is $50.00 and the rebuys are $20.00.; There is an add-on at the end of the rebuy period for $40.00 for 200 chips. We play 12-minute blinds. Usually, we are done at around the 5-hour mark. In the past two tables has been our limit though we have room and chairs for an extra table if we get the demand. Everything is established and documented (printed and posted on the wall) before we start as we want to be transparent and fair to all. All money is returned to the players, there is no rake. Actually since I provide snacks and beverages for the layers it is a positive ev for them, lol. If you wish to play for a higher amount this is not the tournament for you, we are just hear for fun and will not raise the stakes. You can rebuy if you have 10 chips or less and everyone is eligible for the add-on. First prize last tournament was $900.00.

We run our tournaments as a democracy in that while the tournament is at my house everyone has an equal say in how it is run and we are open to discussing modifications if the majority agree (with the exception of raising the stakes). Our level of players would be some just starting out up to a few that play at the WSOP each year (but never seem to pay for the trip, lol). We just try to respect each other and have fun while doing it. If you have any other questions, please let me know.
    Again sorry to use your thread but since its hammer cash games I thought it might be a good lace to post.
  • In for the 29th.
    trigs
  • We have 6 players for this Saturday July 29th, so game is on. With that many players, we'll have no restrictions on game variants at least.
    martinmc13
  • 7 card imPLOcean it is.
    trigs
  • martinmc13 wrote: »
    7 card imPLOcean it is.

Way to go @martinmc13 that's sure to attract players. ..lol
    trigsmartinmc13
  • What games are people excited for? @woog30 @moose @moose311 @martinmc13 @trigs

And are there any that are not allowed? Lol
  • g2 wrote: »
    What games are people excited for? @woog30 @moose @moose311 @martinmc13 @trigs

A-5 Dramaha
  • g2 wrote: »
    What games are people excited for? @woog30 @moose @moose311 @martinmc13 @trigs

I won't make any games off limits, but if everyone is calling dramaha variants all night, I may go take a walk for an orbit ;)

I'd like to try that 3-1-1 SOHE game that didn't run last time.
    woog30
  • Friggen stupid Scarney
    trigs
  • Route 66 will get a couple people stuck early
    trigs
  • Eta 710
    trigs
  • Thanks everyone who made it out last night. Congrats to @moose311 for winning ALL the money 💰
    martinmc13moose311
  • The Trigs house curse continue's...lol
  • woog30 wrote: »
    The Trigs house curse continue's...lol

Sorry woog30. The run bad curse can't last forever at least.
  • compueasecompuease Admin
    edited July 2023
    Hey Trigs, maybe try some of these in the fall? Not sure if we've played any of them before.

"Watermelon" - Triple board PLO high. Pot is split based on the # of boards you win. If anyone wins at least 2/3 of the boards, they scoop.

"Japanese Poker" - Single draw drawmaha (high-low).

Dramaha 49 - Drawmaha with a split pot between the best Omaha hand and the most points. You want high numbers. TTTT9 would be the nut points hand. Hence the 49 in the name. Face cards count as zero. Aces as one.

Dramaha 0 - Same as above, except low instead of high. A nut points hand would be a zero like KKQQJ.

And you just know that Mike would love them... >:)
  • Man there are some crazy "home" games out there, some even crazier than Trigs.

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/24/home-poker/our-home-game-1823907/
  • Are we still on for Saturday?
  • Are we still on for Saturday?

Looking for one more player for this Saturday. Game will run if we get at least 6 people.
  • There's a possibility I'll have to bail on this Saturday unfortunately. I should know by this evening. Waiting to hear from my sister about details of a family event I can't miss.
  • Yeah, sorry, I'm out for this Saturday
  • Looks like we won't have enough players for tomorrow, so August 12th game is cancelled. Sorry.
    torontotablecpt
  • Unfortunately on top of the Jays game for me.