(K/W) Bristol St Poker - 2023 Event #3 "The PKO" - $40 NLHE PKO - Tues, May 9th - 7pm

edited May 2023 in Poker Games
PLEASE NOTE IT'S ANOTHER NEW NIGHT - TUESDAY!!

We have some catching up to do, to hit our once a month tournament goal, so our next tournament will be a Progressive Knock-Out (PKO) style. All the details are below!!

<3 THE PKO - 2023 EVENT #3 <3
NLHE PKO Tournament - Two optional rebuys in the first five levels.
Tues, May 9th - 7:00pm
(doors open at 6:30pm)

$40 Buy-in - $20 to the prize pool, $20 to knockouts - 20 Min levels - 20,000 Chips - 24 player max.
One optional $40 rebuy in the first 5 levels, no surrender option available.

$$$ Pay-outs for the prize pool $$$
1st place - 40%
2nd place - 27%
3rd place - 19%
4th place - 14%
(Top 3 with 2 tables, Top 5 with 4)

At the start of the tournament you will receive 4 PKO chips (each has a value of $5), representing half of your buy in. These chips remain in front of you during the tournament. Whenever you bust someone, you add half of their chips to your own, rounded up, and pocket the other half (rounded down) to be cashed out when you bust out. The winner gets their own bounty.

Example 1: It's the start of the tournament, and Doug ($20 in PKO chips), busts out Sammy ($20 in bust out chips). You pocket half ($10) and add the other half ($10) to your PKO chips (for a total of $30)

Example 2: Later in the tournament, Sue ($30 in PKO chips) busts out Doug, (now at $75 after a few more bust outs). Sue pockets half, rounded down $35, and adds the other half, $40, to her PKO chips, bringing her new PKO amount to $70.

Late players: If you know you're going to be late, let me know and a seat and chips will be set out for you and you will post blinds and fold until you arrive.

If you do not let me know that you'll be late, we'll keep your chips out for a level and then remove then. You can buy in when you show up, but will pay a penalty of 4 rounds of blinds/ante per level (or partial level you miss)

The tournament will last approximately 5 hours. Seating is limited to 24 players. (8 max tables) Please reserve your seat in advance!! The final table will form with 9 players left.

Cash game chips will be available as tables open up. (Suggested .25/.50 $60 max)

As always, tournaments at The Compound are rake-free!!

Comments

• edited May 2023
    Reserve List

1. Zithal
    2. LJSimpson
    3. Captain Optimism
    4. EdTheTed
    5. Jojo
    6. Moose
    7. King Mob (L)
    8. Pizzle
    9. Shtebs
    10. Bastien
    11. Shapiro
    12. Lentrix
    13. Dumbfishy (L)
    14. chaitu9
    15. shankargv
    16. thisORthat
    17. jojo+1
    18. Stylecramp
  • I'm in. I'll be 10 min late.
  • in please
  • I'll try again
  • In, please.
  • In please!
  • In please.
    I'll show up on the right night this time.
  • Unfortunatly won't be able to make it anymore.
  • Game Tonight Bump!
    thisORthat
  • Im interested... plz count me in
  • I'm in..
  • Just a reminder to everyone to please watch for cats as you come and go. Mongo escaped last tournament and I'd like to avoid repeating that. Thanks!! :)
    PizzlethisORthat
  • I have a friend coming with me. Please count him in.
  • r.s.v.p. pour uno
  • Thanks all! I'll be capping the tournament at 18 as things are now set up. 2 tables of max 9. Cheers!
  • I lied. Table 2 is far too cramped at 9 players so I'll set up the third table. :)
  • May be late, again.

• My friend said he can't make it anymore. Sorry about that.
  • Here are your results from last night, congrats to LJSImpson and Shaprio who chopped at the end. Shapiro wins the flip and earn the title of Event #3 champion! I'd say something about the current Player of the Race, but I'm currently catching up on results. :) They should be there soon!

1st - Shapiro ($195 + $120 bounties) - 40 points**
    2nd - LJSImpson ($190 + $225 bounties) - 28 points**
    3rd - Moose ($100 + $60 bounties) - 23 points
    4th - shankargv ($75 + $20 bounties) - 20 points
    5th - Lentrix - (BUBBLE) - 18 points
    6th - Captain Optomism ($20 bounties) - 16 points
    7th - Chaitu9 - 15 points
    8th - Jojo ($10 bounties)
    9th - thisOrThat ($10 bounties)
    10th - Bastien
    11th - Pizzle ($10 bounties)
    12th - King Mob
    13th - stylecramp
    14th - Zithal
    15th - Dumbfishy
    16th - EdTheTed

**represents a chop, with a flip for $5 and the title.
  • I don't know if points should be decided by a flip. Doesn't seem deserving to potentially award a Player of the Year to someone who might have gotten there on a flip. Can't you total the points for 1st and 2nd and then split them equally?
    g2beach2002