lost a friend.

I wasn't around much this weekend and may not get around to mailing the CNPL shirts/hats until tomorrow. My dear cat Ben was hit and killed by a car this weekend, he was 3 years old and very affectionate with a terrific personality. My wife is especially upset because Ben was really like her little baby and would sleep on her each and every night.

I may be going to the humane society soon to get a kitten to try and cheer her up a bit..if I do, I'll post pictures of the little guy here.

I'm grumpy enough that if anyone repiles saying "I hate cats anyway" will be banned...just fair warning. Not that I think anyone would honestly post that.

Oddly enough, professor lost a cat on the same day. :'(

Comments

• My condolences (sp?). I have a dog that I can't imagine living without. Same as my own flesh and blood.
  • sorry to hear that  :'(

poor kitty  :'(

2cats7tc.jpg
  • I am very sorry to hear of your lose sloth. :'(

As a long time cat owner I can relate.

My wife to would be devastated if her kitty died (it is her first pet ever and she is more attached to it than she thought she would be).

Once again my condolences.
  • I hate when people say something like "What's the big deal, its only a cat?" (or dog, etc)
    My wife had "our" cats since before we met!!!! That's almost ten years now, and I don't want to think of life without them. We also just bought a puppy last year, and I would have to take time off work, I'd be so grief stricken if something happened to him.

Sloth, you have our condolences for your loss, and I hope you find a new friend at the Humane Society.

JohnnieH, WraychelH (humans), Max and Free(kitties) and Homer(puppy)
  • Thanks for all your messages guys, both here and PMs, it's much appreciated. My wife and I are doing well, I expect to be mostly back to my normal self tomorrow, just still bummed for now.

I am very much looking forward to getting a new kitten and posting the pictures here. Maybe have a poll on what to name him :)
  • I also have a cat, well two cats, both were picked up from small shelters with disabilities when noone else wanted them. I couldn't imagine someone not wanting these cats or wanting them to be put down. I think going to the humane society is a great idea! "When God closes a door he always opens a window", is that the saying i'm looking for here?

My condolensces to you and your wife Neil. My condolensces also go out to Dave "Professor" for his loss. Nothing to be taken lightly for sure...

Shannon
  • Was recently called a moron cuz i payed 1100$ to save my cat. He ad a broken jaw. Now he walks around with Braces.

Sorry for your loss.

Can't get enough of these lil rascals.

I have 3 and i would get more but im still in a 4 1/2.

Good luck
  • sloth wrote:
    I am very much looking forward to getting a new kitten and posting the pictures here. Maybe have a poll on what to name him :)
    sounds good :)
  • Dito to what everyone here already said..
  • Sloth, i'm not beaing an asshoel at all, but i want to warn you before you get a a new kitten, it might not be the best idea. Just a thought man, it coudl also be great.

When i wa sa kid, i had a budgie. he was liek a friends man. he always sat on my shoudler when i was watching TV, and sat on the edge of my cerial bowl in the mornings, he was really cool.

when he died, i was devistated. and my dad asked em if i wanted to get a new one. I coudlnt have gotten a new one. i still dont want another one.

If you are gonna get a new pet, wait a while and let her take some time away fomr giving love to a pet. she probably needs it. getting a new kitty isnt gonna make the pain of your old cat go away.

again, i'm not being rude sloth, just trying to help out

thanks,
    johnny
  • I appreciate the sentiment, John. It's kinda like how people will run out and get a dalmation after watching 101 dalmations.

It occured to me that I would be looking for another Ben, but I also know that I've had no less than two cats for my entire life and that the new guy would have his own personality. We've got him now, see the "meet simon" thread :)

http://www.pokerforum.ca/forum/index.php?topic=3934.0

thanks again.
  • I was outta touch there for awhile. Missed a bunch o threads. lol

I've had pets (cats or dogs) most of my life. It is tough to lose any. I also prefer waiting awhile between pets, for what it's worth.