(K/W) The Compound - "The Closer" $40 Deepstack NLHE - Fri, Dec 13th - 7pm

2»

Comments

• I'm in. I will more than likely be late though. Blind me accordingly. I will be there 100%
  • Apologies if I am a little late. Please blind me in :)
  • ETA 7:30 for me
  • Cash game running.
  • More details to come soon, but congrats to labeach2002, who defeated Kanga heads up to win the Closer and also became our first ever three peat Player of the Year!!

It it was a crazy finish with EdTheTed missing the points and Zithal, waltsfriend, and leabeach in the final 5 to make for an exciting finish!

full results to come soon!
  • Thanks Rob as always for being a great host. It was nice to get back to a semi-regular game at Bristol/The Compound. Congratulations Steve on the Player of the Year result.
  • Yep, thanks 4 the evening Rob. I would have been in the running if I had won vs Jenn's QQ, against my AJ suited diamonds, 2 diamonds on the flop, she bets 5k into 9k pot, I shove, she install calls and diamonds ARE a girls best friend, so I had 9 diamond outs plus the 3 A's, about even odds but with 14K already in the pot, the hand plays that way.
  • Indeed, when my KK cannot beat A4 of spades, that's all she wrote. But a fun evening and a decent structure even with the 20 min blinds. Have a great holiday season everyone.
  • Here are the official results! With 5 players left, along with an early exit from EdTheTed, three players had a shot at PoY, waltsfriend, labeach (looking for his third PoY title in a row!) and Zithal.

Official Results

1st - labeach2002 ($480) - 49 points
    2nd - Kanga ($240) - 35 points
    3rd - waltsfriend ($140) - 28 points
    4th - moose ($100) - 24 points
    5th - Zithal (BUBBLE) - 22 points
    6th - King Mob - 20 points
    7th - g2 - 19 points
    8th - Pizzle - 17 points
    9th - DataMn - 16 points
    10th - Shapiro - 15 points
    11th - RaydonPoker - 15 points
    12th - EdTheTed
    13th - DrTyore
    14th - Kozak
    15th - Nordique
    16th - kwmatt
    17th - compuease
    18th - DrParker
    19th - ItsaMe
    20th - Origami
    21st - Sam
    22nd - beanie42
    23rd - thisOrThat
    24th - Grubster

With his win labeach2002 is our 2019 (and three time) Player of the Year!! Most impressive is that EdTheTed got to where he was with only 3 points (Top 4 count for a year). Even if Ted has min-pointed, it wouldn't have been enough to overcome labeach2002.. he would have needed a Top 6 finish to tie, Top 5 to win.

Full Player of the Year results, will be coming in a separate thread!!