Poker compilation

Im trying to put together a poker compilation. Songs that makes you think about poker. (Any style of music)
Not sure about some of the title and/or author.
On my list for now:

1- Elvis: A little less conversation a little more action. (Oceans eleven)
2- The song the bounty hunter sings to Frank Castle in the Punisher. (I can hear what your thinking, all your doubts and fear, and if you look in my eyes in time youll find, the reason im here)
3- Ministry: Thiefs
4- Save a horse ride a cowboy. Heard it was the wsop song...

you can add here. :)

Comments

• You have to add ELO's Showdown in there somewhere..
  • Sticking with the TLA band theme: "It was a Crazy Game of Poker" by OAR.

And of course, the ultimate poker song: "The Gambler" by Kenny Rogers.

"...said if you want to learn the game boy, you've got to learn to play it right."

Plus you could also throw in the aggressive guitar riff from the WPT theme music at the beginning if the CD/playlist. :cool:

DUUUUUH dum dum dah dah dah DAAAAAA do wa da doo. BAM!

ScottyZ
  • I think any poker compilation needs a tribute to the originating days of Vegas (a la Rat pack)

Luck be a lady tonight by sinatra.

i've heard a lot of folks say that "lose yourself" by Eminem would be their theme song walking up to a final table if they could. (kind like wrestlers entering the ring)

If they had that, Hellmuth's would have to be "Do you really want to hurt me" by Culture Club.

"do you really want to make me cry?"
  • Heard that about the eminem song too. But if i wanna get my courage up ill play one or two of prodigy songs. FIRESTARTER and/or VOODOO PEOPLE.

How about Master of Puppet (Metallica) Since ive seen *Old Shcool* i cant get it outta my mind. :)
  • Yes for courage Firestarter (the original please!) would do it. For courage, pick any track off the classic cd Wipeout XL.
  • Oki then, i cant remember some of the songs, so feel free to write them again and/or suggest some new one. :'(

From 25 to 14 post :'(

Gotta post some new treads.
  • Here are my fav. poker playing songs:

"Push it (to the limit)" Scarface soundtrack (listen to the words and think about poker)

"No Limits" 2 Unlimited (yes cheesy, don't remind me :D )

any songs from the "Rounders" soundtrack

there are more, when i have my CD nearbgy I'll update :)

"Lose Yourself" is one of the songs on my CD too. It 'pumps ME up"!
  • I tend to play more aggresively when I listen to Lose Yourself, so I don't listen to it anymore.

In fact, when I'm playing poker online, I try and listen to word-less songs, ie. ambient / techno.