Help a buddy of mine out...

Hey all

So you may have heard about this whole "tiny homes" shambles...

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/tiny-homes-maker-under-investigation-by-canada-border-services-police-sources-1.4293137

TL:DR - company offers tiny homes to people for significantly less than traditional homes, stresses that the homes are enviro-friendly etc etc.. People send tens of thousands of dollars, and <gasp> the company fucks them all over..

Well, a good buddy of mine - one of the nicest people I know - who bought into one of these since he and his family were in a position that these would work well, and he has a big heart / social conscience decided to buy in. He got hosed.

There's a go fund me for them.. they are literally out (so far) nearly 100k... sold a place to get into these tiny homes, and now living with their own children in an ironic swerve. I hope if you have some rungood / feels for this, you'll help them out.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.gofundme.com/family-scammed-by-green-terra-homes?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fb_dn_cpgnstaticsmall_r&fbclid=IwAR0VqylPhbg_EqnUAjCvVn6MpOopIyIs-2sknWwUnF6U43GBC5L8WbhMH4A

Mark

Comments

• seeing that scammer on the ctv link just pisses me off. i hate how there is no justice in this world anymore and why scamming has GROWN in canada in the past 5 years, exponentially. its now the fastest growing, most popular, and easiest crime in the whole country to do as well as very little criminal charges stem from it, so its safe too. the amount of spam calls on my cell phone, email, its just abhorrent.

i know its unlikely they get their money back but i hope they get something from this gofundme
  • Sucks they got scammed.

Serious question though....How could they be out 100k? These homes are generally very inexpensive. Did they pay up front for the entire home?
  • I'm not sure of the details overall

But you buy the phone from the one guy, and then pay for a lot to put it on as well... land is still expensive AFAIK.

Mark