(K/W) The Compound - $60 THE MAIN EVENT - Friday, Nov 23rd, 7pm

The Final Event of the 2018 season is upon us! After next Friday, we will crown the 2018 Player of the Year!!!

We'll have WSOP Starting Stacks and the WSOP Blind Schedule. (Note that I may adjust a few blind levels so that the event ends no later than 1am, but I'll make sure there is plenty of play)
Bristol Street Poker at the Compound presents...

:s::h: THE MAIN EVENT - 2018 :c::d:
NLHE Tournament
Fri, Nov 23rd - 7:00pm
(doors open at 6:30pm)

$60 Buy-in - 20 Min blinds - 50,000 Chips - 32 player max.

$$$ Pay-outs $$$
1st place - 45%
2nd place - 25%
3rd place - 15%
4th place - 10%
5th place - 5%
(1 Table - Top 2, 2 Tables - Top 3, 3 Tables - Top 4)

Late players: If you know you're going to be late, let me know and a seat and chips will be set out for you and you will post blinds and fold until you arrive.

If you do not let me know that you'll be late, we'll keep your chips out for a level and then removed. You can buy in when you show up, but will pay a penalty of 4 rounds of blinds/ante per level (or partial level you miss)

The tournament will last approximately 6 hours. Seating is limited to 32 players with alternates. (8 max tables) Please reserve your seat in advance!! The final table will form with 9 players left.

Blind schedule, chip values, rules, etc, etc, will be posted at my place, or you may msg me for specifics.

As always, tournaments at The Compound are rake-free!!

Reserves

1. Zithal
2. DrTyore
3. TheRussian
4. KingMob (L)
5. Shapiro
6. Ranger
7. TwoSeven
8. Pizzle
9. Pizzle+1 Jeff
10. Kanga
11. Beanie42
12. RiverJam
13. ItsaMe
14. BigE

Comments

• Yuliana and I are in...

Mark
  • Count me in!
  • Man, you have to have this game on my regular game night?!? I wish I could make it. Good luck all
  • Sorry about that! It worked out to be the only free night I had this year.
  • (Alternately, free free to invite your regular game night over for a tournament!)
  • No problem. The game is already committed at my place though.
  • In! Also a +1, Jeff.
  • Newbie in please.

I sent you a personal message but i am not sure it went through.

LMK. I am happy to re-introduce myself again.

Cheers

Mark
  • Well this sucks, but I just realized I am working nights this week until 9 so I will have to cancel. Was really looking forward to it.
  • Put down Big E as well
  • Hey everyone!

A request for tonight to come in through the front door. Thanks!!
  • With 13 runners at the start, only DrTyore had a chance at Player of Year, by placing first. Unfortunately for him, DrTyore busted just before the final table which means that labeach2002 is now our 2018 Player of the Year, making it back to back titles!!!

As play winded down, our host, Zithal, busted in 5th place after spending most of the tournament at half a stack, making him the official Main Event BUBBLE-BOY! (Sadly, that doesn't mean that he gets an automatic entry into next year's Main Event tournament)

ItasMe had a large stack going into the final table, but ended his run in 4th place.

It looked like we were approaching a husband/wife heads up battle, but Kanga's short stack was good for a 3rd place finish.

Heads up went to KingMob vs beanie42, with KingMob holding a small chip lead. The very first hand went to an all-in situation with King Mob in dominating position, AJ v J9. The river was a cruel 9, and beanie42 never looked back from that point and has become the 2018 MAIN EVENT CHAMPION!!

Though it was his second win of the year, they were in smaller events and put him 3 points away from capturing the Player of the Year title!!

Official results

1st - beanie42 - $390 (37 points)
    2nd - KingMob - $200 (26 points)
    3rd - Kanga - $110 (22 points)
    4th - ItsaMe - $80 (19 points)
    5th - Zithal - BUBBLE (17 points)
    6th - Ranger (15 points)
    7th - RiverJam
    8th - TheRussian
    9th - Pizzle+1 Jeff
    10th - DrTyore
    11th - Pizzle
    12th - TwoSeven
    13th - Shapiro

Thanks to everyone for a fantastic year full of poker. Look for an announcement for Merry Xmas Madness coming very soon!!!

OFFICIAL 2018 PLAYER OF THE YEAR TOP 10 RESULTS (link)

Current
    Prev
    Player
    TOTAL POINTS

labeach2002

beanie42

DrTyore

kwmatt

Zithal

Ranger

King Mob

Origami