Heeeelp!

I mean the headline is speaking for me here.

I don't think I'm an absolute trash poker player, I have been playing quite steady for the last three years mostly on 888, a bit on Party and within the last year I moved to entirely to Stars because their Mtt's have no competition as far as payouts go. I started by playing cash but the first place prize in an Mtt is what keeps me motivated and they are what interest me these days. I can lock up first place wins and build a bankroll on 888 & Party (Granted I don't piss it all away due to my **** attempts at bankroll management) But I can NOT get anywhere on Stars. If I do win anything it's small potatoes and hardly worth the 6 hour or more grind I put in on that tourney.

When I get my chips in ahead while on a deep run, I get absolutely destroyed, when I try and get it in light against an absolute monkey player who makes constant mistakes that even I recognize, I end up running in to the nuts when it seems impossible for them to have the hand they are repping. I'm lucky that I haven't thrown my laptop out the second story window.

I've watched youtube videos, read strategies and tried adjusting my game in various ways but once I tilt it's game over. I want to blame the dip-****s who get away with their ridiculous plays, blame Stars for the miracle cards that make me wonder if God is real and wants me to suffer and then I go to bed blaming myself for doing something so wrong when it mattered most. Once I sharkscope a few players on various tables though, I see that they are winning consistently and have a beautiful graph that I wouldn't believe possible.

In short: apart from being on the unwanted side of variance, I am making mistakes that are costing me everything. I have looked in to buying Bencb's course but the price is unreal and I don't really want to go with Upswing but if this doesn't work then maybe it's what I have to do. If anyone exists out there willing to spend some of their spare time to help me review my game and re-evaluate my thought process to become that of a ****ing crusher, not only would it be appreciated but I would even compensate you for it.

God Speed.

user_online.gifreport.gif

Comments

• i might be able to help, pm me and maybe we can skype for a bit.

valuable staple lessons i've learned are,
    1) Mtts are about stack conservation
    2) volume is king, play a lot because even the best get 1st place in an mtt in about 1/80 mtts. (dependent on field, type of mtt etcc) but you get the point.
    3) don't blame luck because if you are good you know you will be profitable over the long run. aka don't whine.

lastly stay away from pokerstars. partypoker has the lowest rake in regards to mtts and the fields are much softer.
  • I've replied to your pm, did you recieve it?
  • Post some hands with detailed thought processes.