things you shouldn't do

I was playing 2-2 NL last night. The kid (maybe 19) on my right was actually talking to his buddy (about 3 feet away) and telling him what cards he had. It made it easy to beat him.

Comments

• Yorkpoker wrote:
    I was playing 2-2 NL last night.  The kid (maybe 19) on my right was actually talking to his buddy (about 3 feet away) and telling him what cards he had.  It made it easy to beat him.

he should just wear a  :fish: t-shirt

:D
  • I was once told there are no dumb questions, So here goes...............

What is 2-2 NL????
  • Polkz wrote:
    I was once told there are no dumb questions, So here goes...............

What is 2-2 NL????

$2 & $2 are the blinds. The small blind and big blind happen to be the same in this case.

Usually, NL games are described by the blinds, which is different from limit games. That is, a $1-$2 NL game and a $2-$4 limit game have exactly the same blinds.

ScottyZ
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    Polkz wrote:
    I was once told there are no dumb questions, So here goes...............

What is 2-2 NL????

$2 & $2 are the blinds. The small blind and big blind happen to be the same in this case.

Usually, NL games are described by the blinds, which is different from limit games. That is, a $1-$2 NL game and a $2-$4 limit game have exactly the same blinds.

ScottyZ
    ScottyZ could you simplifer it a little more...i still don't get it ???
  • Sit down at a table without knowing what the stakes are.

I was at azims tourney yesterday, after I self destructed went over to the other side to play some limit. There was an open seat so I just sat down, asked what the stakes were. Dealer says 10/20. Ok I buy in for 300 to start.

For the next 3-5 hands everyone is playing 10/20, then all of a sudden, one guy raises $50. WTF. Oh Oh.

Never playing this high NL, I am a little concerened. Anyways I tightened up an played only good hands, left up $250.00.

Next time I will be clear on what the stakes are.

Rob.
  • Dead Money wrote:
    Sit down at a table without knowing what the stakes are.

I was at azims tourney yesterday, after I self destructed went over to the other side to play some limit. There was an open seat so I just sat down, asked what the stakes were. Dealer says 10/20. Ok I buy in for 300 to start.

For the next 3-5 hands everyone is playing 10/20, then all of a sudden, one guy raises $50. WTF. Oh Oh.

Never playing this high NL, I am a little concerened. Anyways I tightened up an played only good hands, left up $250.00.

Next time I will be clear on what the stakes are.

Rob.
    so it was a 10/20 NL tables ???
    sorry i'm alittle slow :embarrassed:
  • so it was a 10/20 NL tables ???
    sorry i'm alittle slow :embarrassed:

No it wasn't. It seems to have been a 5-10 NL table which the dealer incorrectly called 10-20, and the players coincidentally made bets and raises of exactly 10 or 20 (in the corresponding betting rounds) for the first few hands that Dead Money had observed.

ScottyZ
  • Im hosting a 22 dollar no limit tourney. (2 dollar bounty). Theres 10 person around the table, im sitting in the middle since im the dealer for the evening. The guy to my left win a small pot from me and i give him is winning. I take a second to turn and get my beer and when i turn back my entire stack is missing. 375 dollar in chip (300 chips at beginning) That hes stacking with the rest of is money. Since im the host i cant B-slap im in front of is mates. But the guy is saying that its probably my fault for giving him is winnings to close of my own stack. Thing is since where playing on a regular table with extension i put a green tablecloth on it. And because i have to shuffle the deck the entire night i put and hardcover book in front of my chair to put the cards and my stack. My question to you is what would you do in a similar situation.
  • I deal a fair amount of the time when I have a home game as well... I always keep my cards and chips right in front of me, like any other player... once the cards are out, the deck never leaves my left hand... all the bets and discards(folds) go to the middle of the table... folds go under one side of the pot, burn cards under the other side... the pot never gets close to my stack...

I'da B-slapped him anyway... what's a good host for??
  • Well, if you didn't get your chips back pronto with a nice apology attached, first he get the bitch slap and then he wouldn't be coming back to the next tourney.

I guess mistakes can happen but it was a small pot. He should know the difference!
  • I wanna play in Frog's next game.

If I can 'mistakenly' double up when people get up, I should have no problems winning, should I?

:)
  • Thing is the guy was pretty quick....i didnt even get up.....all i ad to do was turn and reach for beer on the counter.

But dont worrie it wont happen again.

There's a penalty now for doing this in my tourney.

You give back total (as in what the guy ad before you took is chips) plus a 100 in chips.