Fold river?

BB: 184.1 BB (VPIP: 27.98, PFR: 20.86, 3Bet Preflop: 8.47, Hands: 658)
UTG: 101.05 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 33.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 10)
Hero (MP): 102.7 BB
CO: 188.4 BB (VPIP: 18.18, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 11)
BTN: 111.3 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 50.00, 3Bet Preflop: 100.00, Hands: 2)
SB: 136.55 BB (VPIP: 23.08, PFR: 15.38, 3Bet Preflop: 16.67, Hands: 13)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:spade: K:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to 2.5 BB, CO calls 2.5 BB, fold, SB calls 2 BB, fold

Flop: (8.5 BB, 3 players) J:diamond: 4:diamond: 9:spade:
SB checks, Hero bets 6 BB, CO calls 6 BB, fold

Turn: (20.5 BB, 2 players) 3:heart:
Hero bets 13 BB, CO calls 13 BB

River: (46.5 BB, 2 players) 3:diamond:
Hero checks, CO bets 21 BB, Hero calls 21 BB

My bad didn't mean to post this here.

Comments

• It’s a very tough spot but I’m calling because there’s a few straight draws that will bet on the river. Although, I’m also a station so take that into consideration.
  • You have one pair and can only beat a bluff. Unless you know co is a tricky player - fold.
  • Fold river.
    One pair is a bluff catcher on the river.

Another line is to check the turn.
  • Fold river.
    One pair is a bluff catcher on the river.

on that board i agree, specially with the flush getting there on the river.

Another line is to check the turn.

Also although yes it is another line, it is much worse almost all boradway had a gutter/open-ender and give fds equity. the turn doesn't change anything.

Lastly, open 3x at 100bbs deep
  • sn1perb0y wrote: »

Also although yes it is another line, it is much worse almost all boradway had a gutter/open-ender and give fds equity. the turn doesn't change anything.

Lastly, open 3x at 100bbs deep

Betting the turn results in a 46 BB pot on the river, with one pair.

There is an idea of Big Hand, big pot, Small hand , small pot.

You don't want to end up with a Top pair hand with a 46 BB pot.
  • Betting the turn results in a 46 BB pot on the river, with one pair.

true, i prefer bottom pair
  • Betting the turn results in a 46 BB pot on the river, with one pair.

True but top pair on this turn is one of your best hands and is pretty nutted on that board. villian is going to have fds, open enders, pocket pairs TTs and lower etc that we can get value. The term is pretty generic and what is top pair on some boards is much stronger on others rather than in terms of hand rankings.
  • I don’t subscride to the “big hand big pot...etc.” but i do like a turn check. Particularly oop. This does a good job of balancing a huge part of our range, including AQ+, underpairs to the Jack, and even AJ - AA.
  • Call down unless you can think of other hands you prefer calling with. Even tho he may be value betting AJ sometimes I think this hand is better to call down with that than QQ. IT's about a half pot bet so we're calling quite a few of our comboes only having to be right one in 4 times.

If you're super tight and only getting to the river with AA, KK, QQ AJ and KJ you can fold your KJ, if you get to the river with more comboes including bluffs just say fuck it and pay up.

Edit: that said maybe I'm a bit too quick with saying that. there's 24 combos of Aj Kj and 36 of overpairs. For his bluff to be profitable for him he needs to win a third of the time so we call about 65% of our combos, no that seems about right. Even if we're not getting to the river and checking with only marginal hands we can probably get away with folding at least a portion of our KJ

Edit again: I'm really uncertain about this right now for some reason, anyone feel free to try to correct me if my math is wrong here
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    Call down unless you can think of other hands you prefer calling with.

I prefer calling with a full house. So we should fold?
  • I prefer jamming with my full houses =P

Edit: Seriously tho, I'm talking about the hands we can have when we bet twice and check this river.

That does mean in theory if we have a lot of full houses when we check river we can fold some more hands, but realistically that would only be JJ and 99