We're heading to Prague

This was bound to become a thread sooner or later, I'm not looking to make anyone huge money here but since this is still randomly my most active poker forum I'd like to offer a chance to sweat me. Therfore...

I'll be selling a total of 5% with no markup but I'll limit it to 1% per person, it's just a sweat after all and I'll try to share hands or my tournament experience somehow, I'll think of the best way to let you follow me. The tournament in question is this:

https://www.partypoker.com/live/events/nordic-poker-championships.html

If you're interested my preffered method of payment is through partypoker where I nick "llRichardll" with a pusheen avatar (cat). Should I for some reason not play the event I will refund the money but you'll have to take my word that i'm gonna be legit about this, I've been active for a long time and I have no plan of fucking up my reputation.

Anyway, the options are these, conversion from eur to usd is based on that the online day PP is offering has a buying of 2600 dollars:

1% = 26 USD
0.5% = 13 USD

MY full name is Richard Lindberg so if you see this fish at the final table whereas I've claimed to have busted in the first hour you will know something is wrong. You may reserve now and pay later as long as I have the money before my first tournament update the 14th of december, I'm super hyped about this one

Confirmed:
- Westside8 1% paid

Reserved:
- payperview (this in no way means you need to feel forced to buy)

follow my action at https://twitter.com/IR1chardI

Comments

• I'll take 1%...will settle with you when I get back from CPP or something
  • Will you take payment on stars?
  • Sure. Nick is "IRichardI" with kind of an anime avatar
  • https://twitter.com/IR1chardI

Setting up a twitter acc which is mostly how I intend to update in Prague, feel free to follow me un until Prague as well, I have some games lined up at least today and tomorrow.

then in Prague I'm considering the following schedule depending on what happens:

1100 euro PLO 2 day event
    2200 euro NPC main
    170 euro megastack
    550 euro PLO8 (hyped for this one)
    275 euro 25k GT

Couldn't believe Pokerstars Hilton and Party Grandior hotels we're literally 450 meters apart

Also to my knowledge westside8 is the only one confirmed for 1%, if anyone else shipped please let me know because I may not neccesarily notice
  • Some notable hands from todays Omaha, we got all kinds of crushed in all kinds of spots:

hand 1:

get dealt QTT2 double suited in mp, limp after first guy limps for 150. Flop AKJ two spades which we don't have

BB bets 500 we call without any redraws, SB makes it 1500 to go, BB folds again we call without redraws.

Turn is another jack and SB checks to us, even tho we hold two tens in our hand Ive more or less accepted that he has Q10 and we throw in 3k looking to fold out a chop, somehow he wakes up with a checkraise and we have to fold, I suppose he was playing KJxx with spades or something weird.

Hand 2:

Make an ambitious call from the button after an EP raise with j1065 double suited. SB and BB comes along for 600 each

Flop J109 rainbow and it checks to us, I don't feel like I'm getting checkraised here a lot and we throw out about 75% of the pot thinking we're never going to check this to showdown and be good, SB calls EP calls.

Turn is a 9 bringing a flushdraw and counterfitting our hand, turn checks through. In retrospect I could've repped this card for JJ or 1010 but it's marginal I think.

Riven is a blank that checks through, the first guy shakes his head and shows AQ10x, the second guy shows an ace and a 4 so I flip over my top three, BB then proceeds to flip over another ace and I immediatly get the urge to punch someone in the face.

hand 3:

We have 6,5k going into this hand, EP limps, we pot it to 900 with QQ77 double suited, SB calls EP calls.

Flop comes 256 rainbow SB checks EP pots and we fold.

Hand 4: 5443 double suited in BB, call button open, flop 955, check call a bit

turn ace, we think about leading but the card goes check check

river another 9 no flush possibilities, left with a bluff catcher if even that, we check villain bets and we look him up, of all the hands he could show up with he shows us aces full...fml, at least we didn't lead turn

Last hand, after the break we have 4400 chips at the 150/300 level, UTG makes it 800 to go, and gets two callers, we look down at AJ104 single suited and decide to go for the dead money so we pot it, UTG isolates us the other two fold.

We run AJ104 single suited vs 10876 double suited, he makes a set by the river and that's that.

RIght now I feel like hopeless, I'm worried about tomorrow thinking the same thing could happen, the whole of tomorrow is deepstacks, blinds will go from 250/500 to 1k/2k over 8 hours so I imagine I'll be lucky to leave tomorrow with 200k (double starting stack) making tomorrow one hell of a grind. Gotta keep the hope up though, time to play a few hands cash and just regroup
  • Richard~ wrote: »

Hand 4: 5543 double suited in BB, call button open, flop 955, check call a bit

turn ace, we think about leading but the card goes check check

river another 9 no flush possibilities, left with a bluff catcher if even that, we check villain bets and we look him up, of all the hands he could show up with he shows us aces full...fml, at least we didn't lead turn

Quads no good? [emoji62]

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
  • lol good catch, that would be 4453
  • For those of you not following me we ended day1 of the main with 645000 chips from a starting stack of 100k. There were a bunch of hands over 8 hours, set over set on K93 flop, hero calls and a bunch of aggro Norveigians throwing in large 3bets pre with 106o repping...I'm not really sure
  • Party poker live feed is tilting me x_x I get one sentence in the feed "RIchard Lindberg is leading the field." Meanwhile there's like 10 posts of look at this pro this pro is amazing with his less than average starting stack of his third bullet 6 hours into the tournament...fml

Anyway tomorrow we play again, super nervous...how do you even win a tournament like this? I guess we just take it period for period, tomorrow we play 4x2 hours
  • gl gl

thanks for updates.
  • We're down to 450 for the second break today. First two hours were played at a TV table so it should be on partypoker twitch somewhere,mostly been coming up with second best hands and missing a bunch all day
  • down to 220k, lost a huge pot before the dinner break after losing AK < AJ on AJ996
  • Tried finding updates on this tournament but couldn’t find anything .... do you have a link ?
  • https://mypartypokerlive.com/en/live/nordic-poker-championships/event/main/day/41

We ended the day with 471k feeling super frustrated, we made a pretty meh 3 bet in a spot and a decent 3 bet in another spot and got cold 4 bet both times. We also got randomly raised on every flop, one of the times taking down a huge pot. There's a bunch of wannabe pros who's opening much too wide, it's pretty frustrating to play against
  • Looks like you need to be a member to to see anything.

best of luck in the tourney...
  • it's not really hard to create an acc if you're interested but I'll update even if you don't.

90 minutes until day3 kicks off. We're coming in with 39 bigs roughly 9 bigs under average. I'm super worried, partypoker decided to only pay 47 spots with the mincash being 4k euros, that money would be a huge deal to me but I know my instincts won't let me adjust much to just go peacefully into a mincash, people will be looking to test sub average stacks and I will be ready for that... but I'm definitely scared
  • Play smart and play to win. 39 bigs still gives you lots of play. Good luck.
  • finished 27th for 6k, was up to 1.3 mil at a point but I lost a bunch of hands back to back and then lost almost all of it flipping AQ v 99 all in pre. I don't have time to update much right now but it was a fine run, gg
  • gg. nice run
  • Nice work..... congrats.
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    finished 27th for 6k, was up to 1.3 mil at a point but I lost a bunch of hands back to back and then lost almost all of it flipping AQ v 99 all in pre. I don't have time to update much right now but it was a fine run, gg

Gg