Adalaide Byrd.... worst boxing judge in the world

Way to make a decent fight into a joke. Tonight's GGG vs Alvarez fight was decent until they went to the score cards. You could go either way for the win but by 1 or 2 points. This cross eyed inbread dipstick Byrd has the fight 118-110 when the other judges have it 114-114 and 115-113.

Was a good fight and will be a better re-match.

Comments

• I'm ok with the draw, but yeah her judging has been known to be terrible. Looking fwd to the rematch probably next May apparently
  • Way to make a decent fight into a joke. Tonight's GGG vs Alvarez fight was decent until they went to the score cards. You could go either way for the win but by 1 or 2 points. This cross eyed inbread dipstick Byrd has the fight 118-110 when the other judges have it 114-114 and 115-113.

Was a good fight and will be a better re-match.

Just wondering if you are a boxing fan? Were you planning on watching this fight before all the hype it recieved from the McGregor / Mayweather fight? Wes can aswer as well.

I used to love boxing in the 80's, (middle weight was the best devision, then heavey weight) but not so much anymore.

Prophet22
  • Just wondering if you are a boxing fan? Were you planning on watching this fight before all the hype it recieved from the McGregor / Mayweather fight? Wes can aswer as well.

I used to love boxing in the 80's, (middle weight was the best devision, then heavey weight) but not so much anymore.

Prophet22

I am a boxing fan saw my first live fight in 1996 when Hector "macho" Camacho won in 12 rounds against Roberto Duran. I have been to many many boxing matches including all of the medal fights at the Pan Am games in Toronto and a bunch of golden gloves youth fights in Chicago and Philly many years ago.

I have been watching Alvarez since he was 15...... saw this fight live too.

Have no idea how any of your questions relate to my opinion that Ms. Byrd seemed to be watching a different fight. I agree it should have been a draw but 118-110 seems like a slaughter.
  • I am a boxing fan saw my first live fight in 1996 when Hector "macho" Camacho won in 12 rounds against Roberto Duran. I have been to many many boxing matches including all of the medal fights at the Pan Am games in Toronto and a bunch of golden gloves youth fights in Chicago and Philly many years ago.

I have been watching Alvarez since he was 15...... saw this fight live too.
    Attachment not found.

Have no idea how any of your questions relate to my opinion that Ms. Byrd seemed to be watching a different fight. I agree it should have been a draw but 118-110 seems like a slaughter.

It doesn't, just wondered if you were a casual fan or not. Boxing judges habe been forever crooked. I habe said for years and years they need to add 4 more judges, throw out two high and two low cards then give a combind score which will be the winner. I also believe in 15 rounds especially for heavyweight. I didn't see the fight but just looking at the cards. Sounds like you were probably right though

Boxing is so crooked! I hardly ever watch anymore.
  • I agree with everything you just said. Crooked for sure. Ruins a beautiful sport.
  • Yes - was going to watch this. Been following boxing (not closely) but know enough.

Brent - I def recommend watching it, it was a great fight. Like I said, I can see why, and am ok with the draw. Just not the fact that she gave 118-110 to Canelo. If it was 115-113 or 116-112, I doubt too many people would bat an eye.

And it's not just boxing, if you look at how she has scored some previous MMA fights, it's been pretty brutal as well.
  • Byrd is a terrible judge, regardless of sport. Watched the fight on a friend's laptop this afternoon, and had it 115 for GGG. Not much of a boxing fan anymore, but how you score that fight as FOUR rounds (one way or the other) difference is beyond me. One round squeaker? Sure. Even two rounds as a margin could be argued by those more knowledgeable than I on how they score things these days. But FOUR? I won't even say corrupt . . . that was just incompetence.