Team Canuck and the WSOP

As of today, it looks like all four Team Canuck members will be assaulting the opening days of the WSOP. Devin, Ralph, and I will be playing the first three events in June. Bob will be vacuuming up the side action and might play one or more of the first three events.

Then, Bob and I will be playing the "big one" in July. Devin and Ralph might be.

This can only mean one thing... at least $30K USD will be poured into the coffers of our brothers to the south. Maybe as much as $50K.

And remember the new team motto: "Supper break? There is a supper break in this tournament? How long do I have to last to get to the supper break?"

Comments

• At the risk of sounding patronizing (I hope it doesn't come off that way) I am totally rooting for you guys. I only know two of you on TC from what I read in your posts but it's plain to see that you guys have a joy of life that I try to live up to everyday in everything I do. The poker here is really secondary as far as I am concerned.

I look forward to living vicariously through you guys in the coming months.

cheers
  • Best of luck to all of you.

Question: are you guys reviewing film on some of the stronger players you may face in somne of these events?

ie if you were planning on entering the Omaha8 event, would you watch film of Farha since if you made it far in that event, youd probably run into him with his Omaha talents.
  • I don't have any film to review. And, I don't really watch TV so it's unlikely.

Having said that, I am very doubtful that film is of much use. I could be wrong. But, I don't give much credence to specific tells, especially coming from a highly skilled opponent.
  • I see...the reason I asked is just because on Daniel N's site he talks fairly often about preparing for certain tournaments, and he studies film sometimes. Often it will be before a final or parlay or something where there are a smaller number of players.

He mentioned once or twice that he had monster tells on a couple of world class players (whom he didnt mention) after hours and hours of film study.

On another note, the other night I was watching some event on TV the other day fill of internet players (I cant remember what it was). The tells were unreal. One guy flopped the nut straight and literally jumped out of his seat (5 handed). And the level of play in this internet dominated tourney was god awful...in the final stages. I dont consider myself as blessed with any Hellmuthian reading abilities. But after watching this I felt two things: a) why wasnt I there?
    b) I feel like I can read these guys like I am Daniel himself!

Of course they were awful players (most of them, some pros were in the mix at the alter stages) so my 'abilities' didnt mean much. Anyways, random story. No film review required with these guys though.
  • love the avatar  :D