Lucky??

My Name is RoyalFlushTA
This is how a RoyalFlush beats Acesfull!

MasterGreen posts small blind (15)
JassonD posts big blind (30)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to RoyalFlushTA [ Qh, Kh ]
ellman83 folds.
lich52 raises (90) to 90
michad folds.
cham0186 folds.
simba42 folds.
JWS84 raises (175) to 175
JWS84 is all-In.
RoyalFlushTA raises (235) to 235
MasterGreen folds.
JassonD folds.
lich52 raises (270) to 360
lich52 is all-In.
RoyalFlushTA calls (125)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 6s, 6h, Ah ]
** Dealing Turn ** : [ Th ]
** Dealing River ** : [ Jh ]
Creating Main Pot with $570 with JWS84
Creating Side Pot 1 with $370 with lich52
** Summary **
Main Pot: 570 | Side Pot 1: 370 |
Board: [ 6s 6h Ah Th Jh ]
lich52 balance 0, lost 360 [ Ac As ] [ a full house, Aces full of sixes -- Ac,As,Ah,6s,6h ]
michad balance 1570, didn't bet (folded)
cham0186 balance 545, didn't bet (folded)
simba42 balance 1670, didn't bet (folded)
JWS84 balance 0, lost 175 [ 8d Jd ] [ two pairs, jacks and sixes -- Ah,Jd,Jh,6s,6h ]
RoyalFlushTA balance 1440, bet 360, collected 940, net +580 [ Qh Kh ] [ Royal Flush -- Ah,Kh,Qh,Jh,Th ]
MasterGreen balance 910, lost 15 (folded)
JassonD balance 1435, lost 30 (folded)
ellman83 balance 430, didn't bet (folded)

Comments

• lich52 raises (90) to 90
    michad folds.
    cham0186 folds.
    simba42 folds.
    JWS84 raises (175) to 175
    JWS84 is all-In.
    RoyalFlushTA raises (235) to 235

This is strange. The first raise is by 85. According to standard no-limit (or pot-limit) rules, the next raise must be by at least 85 (with the exception that you can raise less than this if it puts you all-in). But the second raise here was only by 60.

Huh?

ScottyZ
  • You made a very nice hand, but in general I think you should muck a hand like KQs when facing a raise and a re-raise. Almost all the time you are a dog, and you will get yourself committed to the point where you have to go with that dog.

I think there are some situations where you can read the first raiser for a bluff and the second raiser for reading the bluff and trying to steal the pot ... but that is basically impossible online.

Some other exceptions would be if you have a small stack and a hand that can win a multi-way pot if you get lucky. Say you are 4 from the BB and you have a raise and a re-riase before you. Your stack allows you to play the BB (or slightly more) and there are no prize pool implications. In that case I might be inclined to put my money in with something like 87s trying to hit a flop and get a 4x stack.

.kw
  • I agree that a fold was in order here. KQs is a pretty good limping hand, but I normally won't call a single raise with it, let alone a re-raise, especially early in a tournament (which is what it appears to be here).

ScottyZ