Brantford $230 Deep Stack TR

Decided to play the $230 Deep Stack today at Brantford. It sold out at 80 players.

Ran up my stack to $18k by the time the blinds were 100 / 200, then lost half of it to a guy that played every hand. I hit top pair on the button and he went all in after the flop. Of course, now he has to have a hand.

He was out before 1st break though, as usual.

I came back from first break with the blinds at 200 / 400 and I have $7600. Folds to me on the button and I see 2-2. I ship it and the SB calls me with A-J. Flop is 5-8-9 rainbow, turn is a Jack, I start to get up and a 2 hits the river !! I have 40+ BBs and in good shape.

The I go on a run that I have never had at BCC. The next hour or so is a blurr, I didn't stop stacking chips that entire time. I ran my stack up to $180k with 21 players left. It was about the same when I made final table and the blinds were 2k / 4k 500 ante.

I lost a fairly large part of my stack to A-Q and I had A-J. I was disappointed in how I played that one but ran my stack back up to $180k by taking out a couple smaller stacks in hands to follow.

Then I waited out two really short stacks to climb the ladder to 4th. Sitting with $125k and the blinds are now 10k/20k 2000 ante, no one has more than 15 BBs.

It's down to four players now, and I'm in the SB and button raises to 60k, I see Kd-Qd and ship it in, BB folds and button hems and haws about calling another 65k. He has another 265k behind, I mean c'mon it should be a no-brainer call. Anyway, he finally calls and flips over 9-9

Unfortunately I don't win the flip and go out in 4th for $1600.

Looks like I may have shaken the variance monkey off me. A final table on Party and a 4th at BCC in the last two days.

Comments

• Congrats on the nice cash....!!
  • Nice job DJ.

This one was part of the BAP, right?

;)
  • I said to myself that if I finished in the top 3, I'd remember my bappers. Didn't want to post anything prior though as I didn't want to jinx it.
    Figures, first event after the BAP and I go deep.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    I said to myself that if I finished in the top 3, I'd remember my bappers. Didn't want to post anything prior though as I didn't want to jinx it.
    Figures, first event after the BAP and I go deep.
    Don't blame yourself - it's the Card Dead effect.
  • Good job! What's the starting stack for these?
  • TeezNutzAK wrote: »
    Good job! What's the starting stack for these?

$15k starting stack. Levels get really crazy by the final two tables.
  • Congratz!