Here's a what would you do scenario

Third day of a live $160 buy-in tournament, 17 players left. Blinds are 30k / 60k with a 10k ante. Table is 8 handed. I have just won a massive pot and sit at 1.9 million in chips.

UTG+1 I'm dealt Ac-Qc and raise to $160k, it folds to the button, who takes a long while and calls (he has 1.8 million), everyone else folds and we go to the flop.

Qs-Td-7d hits the board - There is 490k in the pot and I lead out for 180k, button takes his time and raises to 400k.

What is your next move ?

Comments

• Shove it. Unless it is comp.
  • why raise 3x with 31bbs?I think your c bet is super small, it actually induces a raise (thats why you bet super small with air or nutted hands on flop) infact I think on that board i'm betting about 70% because of how draw heavy the board is and then re-evaluate on turn since you are IP. Given the hand played I'd flat and call almost all turns except 9,t,j,k (that would depend on his turn size)
  • I'm puking. Call and see a turn.
  • I would put the pressure back on him..... SHOVE.
  • I would put the pressure back on him..... SHOVE.

you "can't" jam 1.6m there when he raise to 400k the sizing is awkward.
  • Really, there's already over 1M in the pot and you say you can't shove 1.6M? Someone could really raise something less and fold? really? Isn't this a fold or shove spot? If I'm wrong I think the game has passed me by...:o

And Sn1pe, I like you, I think if we were in the same generation we could hang out... ;)
  • I'm with you comp, I thought this was a shove or fold spot as well. I guess I could just flat and see the turn, but I'd only have
    ~15 BBs left going into the turn.
  • The only reason to flat would be if you were going to fold to any diamond or straight card on the turn and jam to anything else. If you think he has any fold equity better to jam on the flop. I guess it all depends on how nitty villian is or how often he has been getting out of line.
  • moose wrote: »
    The only reason to flat would be if you were going to fold to any diamond or straight card on the turn and jam to anything else. If you think he has any fold equity better to jam on the flop. I guess it all depends on how nitty villian is or how often he has been getting out of line.
    This. Or it's comp.
  • I would normally think to flat call and allow players like myself to ship it with J high... quickly looking at the equities though it is closer than I thought. Ship it!

As moose says though, it depends on how often he's getting out of line. If you think he can raise you with air at all then I love a "call flop and hold the fuck on" instead.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    I'm with you comp, I thought this was a shove or fold spot as well. I guess I could just flat and see the turn, but I'd only have
    ~15 BBs left going into the turn.

correct me if I'm wrong but if you start the hand with 1.9 mill at 30/60k, if you call his raise, won't you have 1.34 million heading to the turn, which is 22bbs?
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    correct me if I'm wrong but if you start the hand with 1.9 mill at 30/60k, if you call his raise, won't you have 1.34 million heading to the turn, which is 22bbs?

Your math is correct.
  • I shove to the raise and puke on my shoes when he turns over 10 10.