Clone or fresh install

I've upgraded to windows 10 but I am looking at a larger solid state hard drive than the 120 I got. I'm debating on the best method of moving everything to this drive. Do I just clone it or should I do a fresh install.

Suggestions please?

Comments

• Certainly would strongly recommend fresh install, also you won't have to worry about licensing or activation as long as it is activated now. Just back up your data first of course.
  • My data is all backed up to a 1T external drive so that shouldn't be a problem. That is the way I was leaning.
  • FYI, a 240GB SSD should cost you just over a $100.. Make sure write speed is at least 500mbps.
  • I was looking at the Samsung EVO 250 GB. That retails for 150 in Halifax. Once shipping is factored in I'm not sure if it is better to buy on line. Not much choice around here for a lot of things. Newegg has it for $140 with shipping.
  • Hey Joe, $75 today on a lightning deal. FREE SHIPPING just for you!

Crucial BX200 240GB SATA 2.5 Inch Internal Solid State Drive - CT240BX200SSD1: Amazon.ca: Computers & Tablets

I ordered one. Not the best performance but pretty good especially for the price.
  • You can choose one of the 2, both has pros and cons

clone/upgrade
    Pros
    all previous programs installed will still be there
    folder files will be unchanged
    all passwords saved
    Con
    some programs will need to be installed again

Fresh install
    Pros
    clean
    fast