Please pay attention!

I understand some of you play 2-3 tables at once online, but please, give respect to the other players at the table and pay attention to your cards! It gets annoying having to wait 20 seconds for each call you make.

Thank-you!

Bryan

Comments

• He makes a great point. I only play one table at a time though, so don't blame me.
  • I was just playing a non-money table and this one guy kept using the 30 second time clock right down to the last second
  • Some players chose to play slowly because there is nothing anyone can do to prevent it and it will often put some of the players on tilt.

Is it ethical to do this? Likely not. However a player on tilt is a player who is not on top of his game. The driving factor of poker is winning money and some see it as just another tool to use.

That said, I rarely play multiple tables also. I do not play slowly as a practice.

Mike
  • I have seen this as well and it drives me crazy....Also people who enter these sit n go and then sit out until there is only a few left...I hate that... your there to play...there is no skill in sitting out ....I mean most of the time they are short stacked but I see it happen where they get a lucky hand and then place in the final three....
    ARRGH!!!
  • there is no skill in sitting out

It takes discipline
  • I have seen this as well and it drives me crazy....Also people who enter these sit n go and then sit out until there is only a few left...I hate that... your there to play...there is no skill in sitting out ....I mean most of the time they are short stacked but I see it happen where they get a lucky hand and then place in the final three....
    ARRGH!!!

1. If you are implying that players are playing sub-optimally, why does this upset you?

2. Isn't it possible that sitting out during the early stages of a tournament is not such a bad stategy after all?

ScottyZ