Niagara June 26th report

I played Friday for about 4 hours at Niagara 1/2 NL. It was a bit of a strange day. A number of times I find myself in difficult situations and some of those times I made the right moves and once or twice I got out played.

But what was unique about this day was it was the first time ever... ever... I had a clock called against me.

There was a straddle to $4 and UTG didn't see it and threw out $7 intending to raise. Dealer corrected it and made it a call. 5 folds then I call and the straddler checks that's it. I had KQo. Flop comes 9 9 Q rainbow. I am having difficulty remembering how the flop betting went down but I think each of us put in about $8.

Turn comes K. Straddleman now opens up with a $32 bet and UTG snap calls. It looked a lot like a spite call... like he was pissed about something that happened the previous hand. I started to go over the hand sequence again. I think I likely have pos 4 beat but feel straddleman may have got lucky with a 9. About 20-30 seconds into thinking about it position 4 calls the clock on me and the dealer instructs me I have 1 minute to decide. Since the table opened around 2:00 until this point it had been very friendly.

I was a bit taken aback. I wasn't showboating, I was legitimately thinking back for anything else that might tip me off if pos 3 got lucky with a 9 in the straddle. So I spent 30 seconds explaining to the guy he was being a bit of a dick then showed my hand to the guys to my right and folded top 2.

I don't recall the river card but straddleman gets the rest of his chips in ($40ish) on the river and pos 4 calls. Straddleman shows a 9 and pos 4 turns over K J off.

I was by no means on tilt but I had looked this guy in the eyes for 30 seconds and let him know that wasn't really right... and he was already pissed about something.

The very next hand this same gentleman raises from UTG to $10. All folds until the guy to my right flat calls. I look down at AA. I raise it up to $50. I figure if this dude is on tilt he might just push in and I'd rather it just be heads up if possible. UTG calls and the guy to my right hums and haws then folds out.

Flop comes total garbage. UTG checks and I take 5 seconds then hand motion all in then follow with the words. I've got him covered... he's got another $150 or so. He mutters something then says ya I'm going to call you. I turn over the aces and he shows AKo. My aces stand and he bolts for the door.

So I got my clock cherry popped and witnessed yet another lesson about going on tilt.... it continues to be my experience that it's usually -ev.

I had sat down with $140 and left with $430 over 4 hours. Wish I could have stayed longer.

Comments

• The only thing different I would have done with the Aa was wait until same guy called clock again.
  • moose wrote: »
    The only thing different I would have done with the Aa was wait until same guy called clock again.

OMG that would have been brilliant! :biggrin:
  • Ya, either that, or call clock on him 20 seconds after you made it $50.

VNH sir!
  • Well done!
    He may have called clock because of the 7 bucks an hour rake? Not that it is a good excuse but it could be why?