KEM Regrets

does anyone else have a nagging regret, on a daily basis, over not buying up more KEM cards when we had the chance?

Comments

• nope. I got 4 decks :)

check out pokerpromotions.net (I am a mod there, owner is pretty nice and has a good Empire Bonus for KEM CARDS).
  • I have the WPT 100% plastic cards which were made by KEM prior to being bought out by United Playing Card company.

If you are looking for a set (2 decks), I have them for Cdn$35.

Also, I have Copag cards (100% Plastic - Poker Size) available for Cdn$25 for 2 decks.

If you are interested, please email me at jelaltd@yahoo.ca.

Thx
  • What's the deal with these KEM cards? I see these comments everywhere. I got a set of 6 WTP decks of cards and have been using those lately. I don't think they're plastic though.

Whats the buzz here.

I'm All-In
  • The WPT decks of cards that you purchased are most likely plastic coated, very similar to the regular Bees or Bicycle cards.

The 100% plastic WPT cards come in a set of 2 and its housed in a plastic case.
  • all-in wrote:
    What's the deal with these KEM cards? I see these comments everywhere. I got a set of 6 WTP decks of cards and have been using those lately. I don't think they're plastic though.

Whats the buzz here.

I'm All-In
    Made of pure plastic and don't dent on the corners. Only way to wreck them is to purposely BEND them in hald. After a lot of use though, the plastic may crack, but essentially its a good buy. slick and smooth.
  • Is the company that bought KEM still making essentially the same cards? I was at a big market on the weekend, and they had plastic cards at one poker/games booth. They said that they were made by the company that bought KEM. Just wondering if they're essentially the same, or just cheapened versions. I've never played with real KEM's, so I would have no way of telling. They were $15 (US) for 2 packs, which seems cheap compared to what I've heard of people paying for KEM's.
  • That does seem cheap for KEMs. Here's a link to an online dealer.
    http://www.chessset.com/kemcards1.html

They also sell Copag cards, which are very similar to KEMS.

Since I have a set of KEMS, I think I just might order Copag just to see the difference for myself.

JohnnieH
  • the chess website is a great store, I ordered a deck of Copags but there was a problem with the deck and they promptly fixed the problem.

2 thumbs up for the customer service.
  • Just an update here.
    I did order a set of Copags off Ebay.ca for $25.00 Canadian!!! Shipping included!! The dealer was from Thornhill, so I received my cards in like 2 days.
    I must say, I'm liking the Copags a wee a better than the Kems. They are just a touch thinner, so they glide better when dealing and are easier to shuffle. And they are the 2.5" vs. the 2.25". I'm still not used the small bridge sized cards.

Just my humble opinion :D

JohnnieH