Playground Winter Festival - Feb 27 to Mar 10

Hello everyone!

We've just announced a new festival starting at the end of this month and continuing through March 10th. The Main Event is a $1.1K with a $500K Guarantee and 2 Day 1s (next-day re-entry).

There's also a very fun "Escalator" event (blinds start at 10 minutes and go up by 5 minutes in length every 2 levels) on the schedule, and a 2-Day $330 Freeze that should attract a nice crowd. Plus - as usual - the always fantastic Wild $150!

For a full schedule, event details, rules, and other information please visit: Montreal Poker | Playground Poker Club :: Playground Winter Festival

Event 1: The Wild $150 ($135 + $15 NL Hold'em Re-entry)
$100,000 Guaranteed Prize Pool

Day 1a: Friday February 27, 11:00am
Day 1b: Friday February 27, 7:30pm
Day 1c: Saturday February 28, 11:00am
Day 1d: Saturday February 28, 7:30pm
Day 2: Sunday March 1, 1:00pm
Day 3: Monday March 2, 7:00pm

Event 2: Escalator ($135 + $15 NL Hold'em)

Day 1: Sunday March 1, 5:00pm
Day 2: Monday March 2, 7:00pm

Event 3: $70 Deepstack Turbo ($60 + $10 NL Hold'em)
One Day Event: Monday March 2, 12:00pm

Event 4: $330 Freeze ($300 + $30 NL Hold'em)

Day 1: Monday March 2, 7:30pm
Day 2: Tuesday March 3, 7:00pm

Event 5: $60 Freeze ($50 + $10 NL Hold'em)
One Day Event: Tuesday March 3, 7:30pm

Event 6: Mixed NL Hold'em/PL Omaha ($100 + $10 NL Hold'em and PL Omaha)
One Day Event: Tuesday March 3, 8:00pm

Event 7: $70 Single Rebuy ($60 + $10 NL Hold'em)
One Day Event: Wednesday March 4, 12:00pm

Event 8: Survivor ($200 + $20 NL Hold'em)
One Day Event: Wednesday March 4, 7:30pm

Event 9: Playground Winter Festival Main Event ($1,000 + $100 NL Hold'em Re-entry)
$500,000 Guaranteed Prize Pool

Day 1a: Friday March 6, 11:00am
Day 1b: Saturday March 7, 11:00am
Day 2: Sunday March 8, 12:00pm
Day 3: Monday March 9, 12:00pm
Day 4: Tuesday March 10, 12:00pm

Event 10: NL Hold'em 3 Lives ($200 + $20 NL Hold'em)
One Day Event: Sunday March 7, 7:30pm

Event 11: 8-Max ($100 + $10 NL Hold'em)
One Day Event: Sunday March 8, 7:30pm

Event 12: $80 Deepstack Turbo ($70 + $10 NL Hold'em)
One Day Event: Monday March 9, 1:00pm

Event 13: 6-Max ($150 + $15 NL Hold'em)
One Day Event: Monday March 9, 7:30pm

Event 14: Ante Up ($60 + $10 NL Hold'em)
One Day Event: Tuesday March 10, 1:00pm

Event 15: $25 Bounty ($90 + $10 + $25 NL Hold'em)
One Day Event: Tuesday March 10, 7:30pm

Comments

• Man, wish we had a series like this down around our area. Looks like a lot of fun for not a lot of $$$.
  • That's the idea!
  • I'm not sure, but there are no tournaments on March 5th?

Also what about super sattys to the main?
  • Thursday March 5th is satellite day with sats at 12, 4, and 8pm. There are 20 ME seats guaranteed in the one at 8!

Check the How to Qualify tab on the festival mini site for details.

[url]Http://playgroundpoker.ca/playgroundwinter2015[/url] for all the details.
  • How does event #10 work? Is it 2 rebuys?

Edit- never mind, I just read the rules. Interesting concept and I'm sure it's gonna be a hit!
  • Hey Mike- how late in any given day can tickets be transferred? I want to be able to sell, at face value or less, if I'm still in the main event. From what I remember in November, tickets need to be transferred first thing in the morning of the event. However, that was when the event started in the morning so not sure what the rules are for the evening events.

Also, does Playground treat credit card ticket purchase as a cash advance?

Thanks!
  • 4 day tournament for $1,100 buy in, why soo long?
  • TeezNutzAK wrote: »
    Hey Mike- how late in any given day can tickets be transferred? I want to be able to sell, at face value or less, if I'm still in the main event. From what I remember in November, tickets need to be transferred first thing in the morning of the event. However, that was when the event started in the morning so not sure what the rules are for the evening events.

Also, does Playground treat credit card ticket purchase as a cash advance?

Thanks!

I'm going to check on the exact rules for transferring tickets on the day of an event and I'll get back to you (here).

Credit card ticket purchases are treated as cash advances, but that is most definitely not our choice or decision - that's how the bank insists that they be treated. One would think that a ticket for a tournament is no different than a ticket for a concert or a show at the theater (either of which could also be re-sold) but it seems that the banks don't see it that way.
  • 4 day tournament for $1,100 buy in, why soo long?

Well, we've run events at that buy-in that are much shorter in length, so that's not so much determined by the price but the fact that this is the Main Event of the festival. So that means a) lots of players and b) it's the centrepiece of the whole festival, so it should be special,

We feel the experience for players should be no different, fundamentally, from a much bigger Main Event. So it's the same structure as any Main Event, and while the blinds are a little shorter than a $3K+ event, nevertheless it's a "complete" Main Event feeling in the tournament.
  • mikelbyl wrote: »
    I'm going to check on the exact rules for transferring tickets on the day of an event and I'll get back to you (here).

Credit card ticket purchases are treated as cash advances, but that is most definitely not our choice or decision - that's how the bank insists that they be treated. One would think that a ticket for a tournament is no different than a ticket for a concert or a show at the theater (either of which could also be re-sold) but it seems that the banks don't see it that way.
    Thanks Mike. Worth noting, I purchased my $1K ticket for the Fallsview event last month and it wasn't treated as a cash advance. You guys should fight that with the banks.
  • TeezNutzAK wrote: »
    Thanks Mike. Worth noting, I purchased my $1K ticket for the Fallsview event last month and it wasn't treated as a cash advance. You guys should fight that with the banks.

Thanks - that is an interesting data point that I will make sure is known by our folks who deal with such things.
  • Do you have the dates for the Spring WPT?
  • Hey mikelbyl,

Does playground show the UFC PPVs? There is one next weekend
  • Playing the wild 150 day 1b, table 70 seat 1, send me the run go0o0d!
  • run go0o0d Sn1pe!
  • compuease wrote: »
    run go0o0d Sn1pe!

First break at 23k starting stack 20, blinds 150/300. Thanks comp

Edit:2nd break 37k blind 400/800
  • sn1perb0y wrote: »
    Hey mikelbyl,

Does playground show the UFC PPVs? There is one next weekend

Yes for sure. Very very popular with almost everyone in the building.
  • Busted day 1b with Kk vs 99 on 67865 all in on flop. Played day 1c and got to day 2 with 81.1k. Starting tomorrow at 1:00pm. :D
  • Rungood sniperboy!!
  • Main Event Day 1a is on now. 172 players registered so far with another hour or so of late registration.

If we get this many tomorrow, there will be an overlay on the $500K guarantee... but I'll be straight with everyone - I expect tomorrow will be much larger, 300 players if not 350. The final entry day is that much more popular.
  • Another fantastic experience at Playground. I didn't cash in the main event but did pretty good in 2-5. It wasn't as busy as it is in November but I didn't expect it to be. Service and atmosphere was great as always. Not sure I can make it to the May event but will try to qualify online if anything.
  • sn1perb0y wrote: »
    Busted day 1b with Kk vs 99 on 67865 all in on flop. Played day 1c and got to day 2 with 81.1k. Starting tomorrow at 1:00pm. :D

I busted at bllinds 4k/8k, at 161. 153 gets paid, i had 82k.. I won a big hand early day 2 to get to 130k then lost a huge flip all in pre button vs sb with AJss vs 77 for 65k and then stayed at 80k until i busted JJ vs QQ. I was stupid enough not to fold into the money :(

Also i Busted the 60$ freezeout at 15th, 13 gets paid :(

I had a great 1/2 sesson started with 155$ and ended with 1270... fish on a heater :p ( will post pic of stack later)

gg
  • GG! And I wouldn't say your stupid for not folding into the money. It's only a $150 and by the sounds of it you wouldn't have broke even til about top 100. Gotta play for the W! I can't wait til the next time I get out there, until then I live through you guys, and the frequent Facebook updates.