Royal Cup XVI Live Scoring

Here is the link for REAL-TIME SCORING of the 16th Royal Cup

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BwEmnsp1TbofkXJhIJcJxniX8HuhFQvQKMxAOtcl1ss/pubhtml

If you'd like to help input results using your own device, please PM me.

Comments

• Link is definitely broken...it is showing Mario in first place for MVP
  • Mario went 4-0 (so did 2 others) :D
  • 3 people went undefeated?

Id really like someone who's better at math than me to run the probability of this happening (Pinhead?)

Im guessing its an absolutely absurd number.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    3 people went undefeated?

Id really like someone who's better at math than me to run the probability of this happening (Pinhead?)

Correct, 3 went perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect.. As far as I recall in 15 previous Royals only 1, Steve Kerr, had accomplished that feat before. Now in the 16th Royal 3 do it..? Had to have been astronomical odds, especially one of them being Mario.. Luv ya son!

Now does this mean more players are getting better or are more of us getting worse? :-\

I'm fairly sure it's 50:50...it's the flush draw of odds

In 16 royals only one person has done this, and now 3 people do it on one day. absolutely absurd.....
  • No, Im talking almost impossible odds. Like lightning strike, power ball type of odds.

With the royal structures being as bad as they are, we have to assume most people are of equal skill level - IE, anyone has the opportunity to run perfect on any given day.

Then we calculate the odds of a person being 4-0.

Then we calculate the odds of 3 people being 4-0.

Then we calculate the odds of those 3 people not being located at the same table for any of the events after they win the first.
  • No pics of winning team?
    No, Im talking almost impossible odds. Like lightning strike, power ball type of odds.

With the royal structures being as bad as they are, we have to assume most people are of equal skill level - IE, anyone has the opportunity to run perfect on any given day.

Then we calculate the odds of a person being 4-0.

Then we calculate the odds of 3 people being 4-0.

Then we calculate the odds of those 3 people not being located at the same table for any of the events after they win the first.

Not sure I agree with the bolded simplification (but it sure makes the math easier!), but I'll run some numbers prob tomorrow. My gut also says very unlikely
  • Pinhead wrote: »
    Not sure I agree with the bolded simplification (but it sure makes the math easier!), but I'll run some numbers prob tomorrow. My gut also says very unlikely

Yea, I get it. But its pretty close for the most part.
    No, Im talking almost impossible odds. Like lightning strike, power ball type of odds.

With the royal structures being as bad as they are,

no rake tho..
  • compuease wrote: »
    no rake tho..

Having to deal with some of you people all day should be considered life rake.
    Having to deal with some of you people all day should be considered life rake.

mutual tho...

I guess I did "volunteer" somewhere along the line..:p
  • compuease wrote: »
    mutual tho...

I guess I did "volunteer" somewhere along the line..:p

We all know you're getting paid, stop pretending.
  • Given even odds (a simplication) of any player winning a table and disregarding the additional calculation required to discounting the odds of any of the MVPs sitting at the same table, the odds of any player winning a SNG table is 1/8 and the odds of winning heads up is 1/2.

If I remember my finite math, the odds of a player winning all their SNGs and winnings heads up is the product of the odds of each event is

(1/8) * (1/8) * (1/8) * (1/2) = 0.0009765625 or 0.09765625% or about 1/10 of a percent.

Am I right?