BCC $120 tourney TR

Decided at the last minute to play the $120 tournament at BCC tonight. 40 runners, $1480 up top. I knew quite a few players. Shopsy (Buzzrds game) was there, Cal (Cave and Buzzards game), three players and the organizer from an underground game I went to in Oakville.

Starting stack was $10k and blinds were 20min. Not my favourite structure but after Niagara went so well on the weekend, I wanted to try and keep the run good going.

I love most of the players at BCC as they are so predictable and easy to read. A few players at my table couldn't fold 2nd pair if their life depended on it, so there was no point bluffing, you just had to have it against them.

There were no real hands of note prior to the first break except for the last hand before first break. I had about $30k in chips, in the BB - mid position raises to $1200 (with $46k behind), one caller in the hi-jack and I re-pop it to $6k with 9-9 and they both call.

Flop is 8-3-5 rainbow and I lead out for $10k, mid position calls, the other folds - turn is a T - I lead out again and get called - river is a 7, I shove all in and villain hem and haws and says "I don't think you have anything" and calls, flips over A-8os. And I double up to $60k, final table average will be $100k. A very nice start.

My biggest mistake came at the final table. I had $110k in chips, in the BB with A-Jos. There are 8 players left and UTG+2 raises to $3k, button calls and I decide to squeeze and make it $11.5k. Original raiser folds and the button shoves all in for another $22k and I cannot think of what he just flat calls pre-flop but then shoves.

So I call and he shows A-Kos and I cannot catch up. At that point I go card dead and start to get blinded down. Fortunately we lost 3 players fairly quickly and two of them large stacks to get to the bubble. Since I was the short stack I asked for $40 from each player to go to the bubble, we all agreed.

Then Cal decided he wanted to play fast and loose and got caught by the other big stack with the nut flush draw and two over cards, big stack takes out Cal and we are now in the money.

Big Stack calls my all in with 7-8os vs my A-Jos and I hold to double up. Then A-Q out races another short stack's 9-9 and we are now 3 handed. Next big hand was blind vs blind. I have about $100k in the BB, button is short with $50k and SB is chip leader with $250k.

I get dealt Jc-4c and SB just calls, I check and we see a flop. Blinds are $2k / $4k.
Flop is 6c-Tc-7h - SB checks, I bet $7k, SB calls- turn is 9c and SB check, I bet $10k, SB calls. River is a 2h and SB checks and I bet $20k and get called by a turned straight and take a bunch of chips from him with my flush.

Then a flop two pair with A-9 on a A-T-9 board, river an Ace for a boat and get called by K-T the entire way by the chip leader. And now, I am the chip leader.

I took out the short stack A-K to his T-T and had a 3-1 chip lead going into heads up. I saw no reason to make a deal as the difference between 1st and 2nd was $400 and I felt I had the edge.

Last hand saw me call K-7os to his A-6os all in and I spiked a King on the flop, it holds, and I win !! First place paid $1480.00

Can't wait for the next one.

Comments

• Wow, great job Devon! Nice TR. I think I may quit playing so much online and play more live like you. Keep that rungood going buddy!
  • Excellent!
    #moneyintothepokereconomy
  • Nice win.
  • Nice bink DJ, and I mean that in the dirtiest way possible. Is this your first BCC win?

Now everybody has hope again, just like after Moneymaker won the WSOP.
  • Card Dead wrote: »
    Nice bink DJ, and I mean that in the dirtiest way possible. Is this your first BCC win?

Now everybody has hope again, just like after Moneymaker won the WSOP.

Officially, yes, its my 1st win. In about 10 tournies at BCC, I have 2 firsts, the first win came in a $230 deep stack, when I chopped three ways, though. And I min cashed a $550 deep stack (your satty tournament got me that ticket, Card Dead).

If I can win one, there is hope for all you.
  • Awesome, nice heater.

Does this mean you'll be at Bill's tonight, or are you just going to buy in to the $1090 instead?
    Awesome, nice heater.

Does this mean you'll be at Bill's tonight, or are you just going to buy in to the $1090 instead?

I'm going to Bill's tonight. And no, not buying in to the $1090. Don't have the roll for that.
  • Somebody grab me a pic of DJ tilting after somebody stacks him with J3 off!

:D
    Somebody grab me a pic of DJ tilting after somebody stacks him with J3 off!

:D

Actually, I did that to someone else, with Q-4os :)