Tournament style's

All this talk about a shoot-out style tournament have given Terry and I some idea's.

So I'm going to put this to a poll vote. We are planing another tournament for April 17th.
We would like your input on what kind of style to play. You can vote and or just post ideas.

You can vote for more than one option.

Thanks ahead for your input.

Rob

Comments

• Oh yeah the add-on's would be half of the entry fee for double the chips.
  • The shoot out will work for me at my next WSOP satellite becuase you can sell it as only having to survive 20 guys, as opposed to working your way through 90 some odd players. It also induces side games that are very integral to any torunament night I throw. In a normal tourney you get 1 or 2 knocked out her and there. With 8 tables going, the first man otu at each table can happen within minutes of eachother lending themselves to side action alot faster than waiting to break one table 2 hours into a normal tourney.

That being said, there is still nothing like the normal tourney style. Because then, a champ is a champ, and he can say he has won all the chips in the room.

RiverRat Josh
  • I know there are rookies out there who do not know how some of the tournments work eg: shootouts
    I know this because I R 1
    Where can we find the definitions and rules?
  • The rules are what you make them. But if you really must you can google "poker tournament directors association" there you will find links to sites that have posted rules and structures.

That being said, once again, the rules are what you make them, and your players agree to. Ie: Bounties...no Bounties.........Blind length........rebuys yes...or no.............if so, when broke, or when under original issue..............these rules are never common becuase they vary from game to game, even in "the promised Land" ...LAs Vegas.

River Rat Josh
  • I think and hope that we can try alot of diffrent styles of play and have something diffrent each time to please the players that want one style or the other
  • shadow wrote:
    I think and hope that we can try alot of diffrent styles of play and have something diffrent each time to please the players that want one style or the other

By the way,

Everybody this is Terry(shadow) :D .

Rob
  • What is the difference between "regular style" and the rest of the tourney's in the poll.
    Or at least how does it differ from the last two?
  • esool wrote:
    What is the difference between "regular style" and the rest of the tourney's in the poll.
    Or at least how does it differ from the last two?

A shoot out would be that each table would fight till there is one player left. The one player from each table would go to the final table.

The regular, is just that, rotate players as people get eliminated.

The other options are how we would format the tournament, ie: freezeout, rebuy's and/or add-ons.

We are basically asking would you preffer a shoot out or regular tournament, and after you pick one..would you preffer a freezeout or one of the rebuy options that are posted.

We are asking, because there seems to be alot of different opinions, so we want everyone's input (whether they are going to play or not). We know that you can't please everybody, but we would like to seat 77 people, therefor, we want to please the majority.

Thanks for the question, I realize that I should have made that clear when I posted the poll.

Rob
  • rgspence wrote:
    We are basically asking would you preffer a shoot out or regular tournament, and after you pick one..would you preffer a freezeout or one of the rebuy options that are posted.

Rob

Now I kapeesh! :)