Juicy GTA Poker Rooms?

Take Georgian Downs off the list

tapatalk puts this here to annoy YOU

Comments

• you sat down with the mad russian and he emptied your pockets?
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »

If they were juicy, why would we share them with the likes of you sharks...
  • No money in the GTA.
    Everyone's solid.
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »

Care to elaborate? Their bi-weekly trny schedule has been very juicy with several familiar faces, although a very small sample size.
  • Too soon
  • All live players are bad, so all gta action is juicy
  • OHTNCTRHM wrote: »
    All live players are bad, so all gta action is juicy

And how would you know?
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    No money in the GTA.
    Everyone's solid.

Can we stop calling barrie, port Perry, Brantford, and Rama the GTA? It really is quite tilting.
  • Call it whatever you want, it is simply the Southern Ontario area where
    SteveKerr, Popkorn, etc. are among the all-time money leaders in at least one of the THIRTEEN :cool: juicy poker rooms. Unlike almost all other cities in the world, at least you and I have so many OPTIONS to drive to and make money.
    Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Can we stop calling barrie, port Perry, Brantford, and Rama the GTA? It really is quite tilting.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »

Umm... I did say to take it off the list. :-D

• Either UBetIFold has taken all the money from the GD poker economy, or GD has failed to market electronic poker to tournament players (like Mohawk & Western Fair) and is removing all the PokerPro tables on August 24. :'( The last tournament is scheduled on Thursday night, August 21.

So make that a dozen juicy poker rooms left in Southern Ontario for pkrfce9 to make moniez.
    pkrfce9 wrote: »
    Either UBetIFold has taken all the money from the GD poker economy, or GD has failed to market electronic poker to tournament players (like Mohawk & Western Fair) and is removing all the PokerPro tables on August 24. :'( The last tournament is scheduled on Thursday night, August 21.

So make that a dozen juicy poker rooms left in Southern Ontario for pkrfce9 to make moniez.

No money in Georgian downs poker, no one shows up.......I wish the first part was true but, noooooooo, this is absolutely terrible news. +1 on not marketing well enough though, they have continued to run their bi-weekly Thursday tournament, but it has been mostly word of mouth, I asked multiple times to get whoever in charge to provide updates via their tournament calendar to no avail. It has been constantly blank, thus, probably preventing ppl from coming out.

Lastly, not sure if it's true, but from my observation, summer has always been a slower time for the pokerz, this is the time everyone is busy with life, adventures, camping etc, I wish they had of waited til winter to see if they could make it work.

Was 10 minutes from my house and offered great flexibility on buy ins, and catered to the more average player. Not everyone has $330 to play rama's bi-weekly trny, or the time for that matter as it requires a day off work.

Thanks for posting anyway, I'll have to make it a priority to get to the last one.

Tldr;

Cliffs: sad to hear its pulling the plug on poker.
  • OHTNCTRHM wrote: »
    All live players are bad, so all gta action is juicy
    I play live every day and cant find any juicey players.Tell me where these fish are hiding.at the CNE maybe playing:)
  • I stopped by Georgian Downs poker room today and to my surprise, it had the most number of people I've seen there since the first (and last) Tournament of Champions. Unfortunately, it was a whole bunch of workers dismantling all the PokerPro machines. :'( I saw the CPU that dumb losing players blame as being rigged only against them. One of the tables will be replaced with electronic roulette for all the senior citizens I see there gambooling away their taxpayer-funded government assistance. :p
    UBetIFold wrote: »
    Thanks for posting anyway, I'll have to make it a priority to get to the last one.
    How was the final tournament? There were a lot of PokerPro keychains and drink covers left on the closed sign-up desk, so I took a couple to add to the poker swag to be given out at Bill's game.
  • It's a sad sad day, I did go to the final, was surprised to see it only get 17 entries for the final game, probably the reason why they were ending it.

Was the usual suspects, max 4 players in the field that were competent. The rest of them thought we were playing euchre. To bad it's gone, I don't know where I'll find other juicy tournaments like these.
  • UBetIFold wrote: »
    To bad it's gone, I don't know where I'll find other juicy tournaments like these.
    Don't bother looking at Sudbury Downs.

Unfortunately, it was a whole bunch of workers dismantling all the PokerPro machines. :'(

Wonder how much those used machines go for?
  • JimmyHo wrote: »

150k per.

I'll start an interest list.

• I'll ask the PokerTek CEO if I can get one for home games.
    JimmyHo wrote: »