How many hands have you played in your lifetime?

Hi Dave, always enjoy your posts. Just watched a rerun of the WSOP event last night where you were at the featured table. I remembered a guy jokingly asking Gus why the heck he would be reminding players that they are nearing the bubble but didn't realize you were the one that had asked. :D:D:D

Anyway, I have seen a lot of numbers thrown around as to the amount of hands played and was wondering how many hands you have played in your lifetime. Online/B&M

Question is open to all members. I remember Magi throwing out half a million hands played once. Amazing. That post changed my outlook of where I want to go in this game.

I have been playing for about 5 months and have only played 4100 hands (all online).

Cheers

Comments

• Hi Dave, always enjoy your posts. Just watched a rerun of the WSOP event last night where you were at the featured table. I remembered a guy jokingly asking Gus why the heck he would be reminding players that they are nearing the bubble but didn't realize you were the one that had asked. :D:D:D

Anyway, I have seen a lot of numbers thrown around as to the amount of hands played and was wondering how many hands you have played in your lifetime. Online/B&M

Question is open to all members. I remember Magi throwing out half a million hands played once. Amazing. That post changed my outlook of where I want to go in this game.

I have been playing for about 5 months and have only played 4100 hands (all online).

Cheers

I love to remind people when we're approaching bubble time.

[brag]Realistically, I make enough at limit cash game poker that ekeing into the money isn't all that worthwhile, so I generally play tournaments to make a big score. [/brag]

For that reason, bubble time is key for me as I make it a point to pick on the short stacks just trying to hold on. While they sit on their chips, I like to steal steal steal to build up my chips to make a run at a win. At bubble time, I'll be raising the short stacks' blinds with virtually any two cards from mid-late position.

That being said, according to pokertracker I've played well over 450,000 hands online, and I'd guess about 100,000 live.
  • Complete estimate:

Online hands played lifetime about 150 hands per hour * 1,000 hours per year * 6 years = 900,000

Plus traditional play 30 hands per hour * 300 hours per year * 9 years = 81,000

Plus prior tradtional play = 20,000

Total of just over a million hands. Heh. I didn't make it a million on purpose.
  • * 1,0000 hours per year *
    Before Scotty beats me to it.... what's that work out to?.... about 27 hrs/day!!! :eek:
  • Heh... OK OK... I have edited my booboo.
  • How many hands have you played in your lifetime?

Ummm... is "far too many" an answer? lol
  • i'm thinking i've played upwards of 125-150k hands
  • i have been playing since october of 2004 soo i play around 200 hands a day( dont play more then one table at a time) around 5 days a week.. so about 24000. give or take
  • Uh, after reading this thread, not nearly enough.
  • I will ask Bob Ciaffone this question. I am curious to hear his answer. I have been playing since the early 90's, but looking at Dave's estimate and noticing there is SUCH a difference from online to offline numbers, I am probably shy of 100,000. I don't play offline.