I'm not good enough to fold this...

2»

Comments

• the earlier 72 fold was in response to your 3-bet. i think that 3-bet was something on the order of 15-20bbs when you were shorter stacked, maybe 60-80bbs. his read is you were unlikely to fold in that spot
  • So... /thread?

tapatalk puts this here to annoy YOU
  • I think i got it, but we can't just rely on my accuracy (truly cannot) :-\

Seems like it passes the sanity test though which is a good start (unless players feel this range is quite off). It might be useful and interesting to tweak the ranges a little which I can probably do as well. I gave everyone 120 since we are interested in your effective stack size (120?).

21l760l.png

If we take 72o out of villains 4bet shove range our range shrinks to Ako, AQs+ TT+

If they shove 72o and 72s 50% each our range shifts to 99+ AQo+ AQs+

If they shove only 72s we call 99+ AQs+ Ako+
  • Your conclusion on the correct calling ranges makes sense to me.

Can you explain what some of that stuff on the chart means?

• pkrfce9 wrote: »
    Your conclusion on the correct calling ranges makes sense to me.

Can you explain what some of that stuff on the chart means?

The ranges on the right in green and red show the ev where red is - and green is + (hence green = call). The number are the bbs we win or lose when we call.

The rest on the left shows the ranges chosen with the % and the hands and the raise size. We are only concerned with the one tree that rep this hand so we can ignore all other lines like what happens if you and cu folded pre.

We also have to factor in the times that cu 4bet shoves with 72 and you call and lose and so pay them out. They don't have 72 often tho and you are prob quite ahead when you do have it. Hoping someone beats me to the math tho.

So I THINK the ev numbers correctly reflect what they mean, in that if we are making 1.87bbs per call vs a 4bet but on average we pay 1.9 bbs to the cu for losing to 72o, then we might fold. But suspect its not anywhere near that much.
  • I was too busy playing the GTA tourneys to crunch the math, but my gut feeling was not indigestion after all? ;)
    BlondeFish wrote: »
    [TT+, AK, AQs+].
    Startles wrote: »
    If we take 72o out of villains 4bet shove range our range shrinks to Ako, AQs+ TT+

If they shove 72o and 72s 50% each our range shifts to 99+ AQo+ AQs+

If they shove only 72s we call 99+ AQs+ Ako+
  • Does your chart include shoving with all combos qq+? I wanted to exclude some of those to reflect he wouldn't shove those all the time. They are too strong.
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    Does your chart include shoving with all combos qq+? I wanted to exclude some of those to reflect he wouldn't shove those all the time. They are too strong.
    I tried to match it to this, but ya its another page not in the picture:
    utg shove 8%: AdAc, KdKc, KhKc, QdQc, QhQc, QsQc, JJ-88, ATs+, AQo+, KTs+, QJs, 72s, 72o