party poker on eBay? legal?

i did a search on eBay and

there's peeps selling $25 Free $100 Bonus partypoker secret codes etc...

doesn't seem right? :?:
illegal? :?

Comments

• I doubt that this is illegal, but you sure are a sucker if you buy one, since $100 bonus codes for new PartyPoker accounts are readily available for free. (Possibly even in this very forum in the Advertising section...)

In fact, someone giving (or selling) you a bonus code is probably also making money from PartyPoker. Many online sites have a referral program whereby if you "tell a friend" by way of a specific bonus code, then both the new player and the referring player receive a bonus. That's why you see loads of "$100 PartyPoker bonus code" spam out there. It's sad that spammers can probably make a few bucks doing this.

The best way to get a deposit bonus is to either contact the online site directly and ask if they have any promotions for new players (believe me, they're happy to have you, so it's not like you're asking them for something they don't want to give out), or ask someone who you know who already plays on the site to see if you can do the referral bonus thingy with them, since you would both benefit.

ScottyZ
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    I doubt that this is illegal, but you sure are a sucker if you buy one, since $100 bonus codes for new PartyPoker accounts are readily available for free. (Possibly even in this very forum in the Advertising section...)

In fact, someone giving (or selling) you a bonus code is probably also making money from PartyPoker. Many online sites have a referral program whereby if you "tell a friend" by way of a specific bonus code, then both the new player and the referring player receive a bonus. That's why you see loads of "$100 PartyPoker bonus code" spam out there. It's sad that spammers can probably make a few bucks doing this.

ScottyZ

yep...suckers :o

just checked ebay and someone made a bid :shock: only 1 cent though...but if the buyer does deposit into Party...the seller is gonna make some cash... :( darn spammers and scammers :evil: