WPT 500 Trip Reports

2»

Comments

• jontm wrote: »
    Too far but appreciate effort. How did Ivy not crush?
    I had other videos, including an overhead view of one of the prettiest WPT circuit players joining the bikini contest and a close-up of the finalist with the sexiest G-string bikini, but my kid somehow replaced them with One Direction photos. :-[

There was one RFG at the party, but Ivy was not assigned to WPT500. partypoker hired 5 other models for the party, but I had more interaction with the two bikini contestants than the nowhere-to-be-found models. The newest RFG, Kat, was busy being a ring girl for a televised flight, and I didn't get to meet her until the next night when she flew in. Lynn Gilmartin, Kara Scott, Vince van Patten, etc. were also at the party.
    pokerJAH wrote: »
    definitely have to start travelling with Mr. BF :) When's the next RF stop?
    I'm trying to win for any of the following:
    - WPT North Cyprus
    - Spain Dream Seat Series package
    - WPT UK, including the next WPT500
    - WPT Montreal (TV), Nov. 20 - 26, 2014, Playground Poker Club.

But how will you explain all the late party nights and fingers smelling like dead fish to the Mrs? ;)
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    But how will you explain all the late party nights and fingers smelling like dead fish to the Mrs? ;)

Easy, I won't tell her...what happened with Italy??
  • Here's a quick rundown on what and how I did this last trip......

July 4th:

Arrived in Vegas about 7:30pm with the GF in tow.....cab to Harrah's where we were booked for 8 nights for $420 after all the 'resort fees' that somehow does not include wifi at this hotel.

Headed over to PH where a buddy was playing there tourney....some drinking was done, then headed over to Bally's for a drunken 1/2 session.....(-$475)....I remember flopping 2nd nut straight first hand in and getting paid by 2 guys....not sure how I booked such a loss after being up 400 after 1 hand....anyhow, not a good start....session ended @ 02:53, and off to sleep I went

July 5th:

PH Main Event ($565) was at noon.....had a good start, upto 50k from 20k starting stack after 2nd break....then got moved to a new table, where there was a toolbox 2 to my right.....lost a decent sized pot early at table 99<KK aiof 238rb....shortly after call a min raise from toolbox in my BB with J9....flop 943cc.....I check jam 29bb, and toolbox snaps with J2cc and binks right on turn obv.

GF and a buddy reg'd for the $100 7pm at PH, so decided to do that after a few drinks.....3 b/i's later I bubble, busting at 03:47....fml

Structure for this $100 was sick good....almost too good.....8hrs 45 min of play, and not cashing in a $100 tourney....highly recommend for next year for the bankroll nits out there, this is the nightly during the 'Phamous Series'.

Also, forgot to reg with Party Poker at Aria to get bracelet to attend party Saturday which I totally forgot about......so no free drinks for me.

July 6th:

My buddy was leaving on today, so played the $75 PH tourney which was the opposite of the other tourney mentioned....long story short, shoved 1st hand after break on button with 77 and 8bb's.....SB has QQ to make quick work of me.

Late reg'd $200 Venetian satty to the $1100 that I thought was at 7pm, was actually 6pm.....so my 7:40 arrival time didn't leave alot of BB's to play with, busted a couple hours later in 20th with 8 seats paying.

July 7th:

Day 1d of WPT500....meet Actyper for breakfast in the Party lounge at 11:00. Play was uneventful, played a sick pot right before break....where I raised 36os on button, and flatted a 3-bet from BB, flop was 567rb, I flat his c-bet....2 on turn, he bets 1/2 his stack, I shove, he calls with A9......obv A on river....left me super short at 4k....managed to triple up the next orbit with AQ on a AT4 flop getting called on flop jam by A3....bled down abit until I lose race when TT<AK.

Reg'd on time for Venetian $200 satty to $1100 again.....more runners in this one (176, compared to 50 last night).....got paid right out of the gates, first orbit I flop quads, and a lady can't fold the wheel on the river and pays off my over shove.....rode that for 7.5 hrs and won seat to the $1100....decided to reg for day 1C so I could barrell the WPT500 without conflict.

July 8th........tbc
  • thanks for including some poker content in your TR. better luck on july 8th :)
  • Here is a trip report from a media first-timer in Vegas.

A Daily News editor heads to Las Vegas
    Party! Anna got me on the VIP list for the partypoker soiree at Aria’s Haze nightclub. It was great seeing the World Poker Tour/partypoker people I had met earlier in the year at a charity tournament at Borgata: Royal Flush Girls Brittany Bell, Jeannie Duffy and Kat Kelley, former NHL star Ken Daneyko, as well as Lynn Gilmartin, Kara Scott and Warren Lush from partypoker.
    :
    I made it down the final 2 tables before busting on a bluff gone bad. It was devastating to get so close to a $260,000 payday, but I did get $16,000 for my effort.
    RFG Jeannie and Brittany were at the party, but Kat could not make it to Vegas until the following night, when I showed her all my videos from the party.
  • Since the inaugural WPT500 was very successful, it will be repeated during WPT UK in November and WPT Aria next summer. I shall return to both WPT500, so here are the stats from Matt Savage:

Day 1A-433 Players
    ITM Level 16 500-2K-4K 10:50pm
    Finish at 1K-5K-10K 35:49 at 1:19am
    Chip Leader 767,000
    Average 295,227

Day 1B-366 Players
    ITM Level 16 500-2K-4K 10:46pm
    Finish at 1K-4K-8K 4:23 at 1:15am
    Chip Leader 1,143,000
    Average 305,000

Day 1C-457 Players
    ITM Level 15 500-1,500-3,000 10:09
    Finish at 1K-4K-8K 22:22 at 12:56am
    Chip Leader 897,000
    Average 298,043

Day 1D-780 Players
    ITM Level 16 500-2K-4K at 10:48pm
    Finish at 1K-5K-10K 6:50 at 1:40am
    Chip Leader 961,000
    Average 300,000

Day 1E- 879 Players
    ITM Level 17 500-2,500-5K at 11:21
    Finish at 2K-6K-12K 38:42 at 1:50am
    Chip Leader 842,000
    Average 299,659

Day 1F (Turbo)-684 Players
    ITM Level 19 1K-4K-8K at 12:37
    Finish at 5K-15K-30K at 1:37pm
    Chip Leader 865,000
    Average 301,764

3,599 Entries over the 6 heats
    432 players in the money (12%)
    180 players advanced to day 2 (5%)

Day 2 finished at 5:20am with NO DEAL being made. Coincidentally, 2nd & 3rd place came from the turbo heat, so they made a lot of money playing one day.
  • July 8th/9th:

Sleep in a little....BSO sponsored Mr Kerr texts me to remind me to hit up Flamingo pool, as he and the wife had rented a cabana for the day. My plan for the day was originally to hit the Wynn $300 tourney.....but I think I can squeeze in some pool time.

I get my azzzz out of bed, wake up the GF and head over to Flamingo. Order a bucket of 6 supercans of I don't know what kind of beer for $33 (not bad imo). The semifinal match between Germany and Brazil is on the tube, and as I have a hundo I bet on Brazil and Uruguay to start the tourney, watched the game for about 10 min....ie, until it was 5-0 Germany.....fml...run bad continues.

Leave the GF with SteveKerr and co.....and rip over to the Wynn. First time playing there, the room seems pretty small....at least when comparing to the Venetian. Anyhow, the room is phucking packed.....I sign up for a Wynn card, go register, and am told it will be a bit....I'm the 165th alternate, although, they already got a bunch in, so I have no idea where I'm at.

Slip over to the Slots to get a $50 Pina Colada and a smoke or 2, but I somehow book a profit of $5......jiggity. Head back over to the poker room after about 1/2 hr, and I called almost immediately.

9-handed tables.....this is phucking awesome....lost a small pot early, but then manage to triple up to 27k via something like this...open AcT off, get flatted, a shorty shoves for less, we both call. Fop JT4cc....I check, other player bets I shove....he phuck calls and shows Q9....brick brick and I scoop.

Get moved twice in the next 1/2 hr, last table was an agressive one I could find no spots or cards, so just sat back and blinded down.....finally get AK on Button with an older super tight black lady raising....I say phuck it and ship, she snaps with AA obv and I'm out 72/295.

A little tilted, I head back towards the Quad, as GF, Steve and company were having dinner at Guy Fieri's......ordered a quick order of hot wings. GF decided to try one of the red peppers not thinking that they were the spawned in the fiery depths of the earth....not the bell pepper she expected.

We all then hit Carnival Court for a few beers.....decide it's too hot, and go hang out outside the Harrah's entrance, grabbing beers from Numz or something like that just inside the hotel.

Girls go to bed, me and Steve a few more nightcaps....then he bids adieu.....and I decide it's a good time to play some Harrah's 1/2. I was playing like my chips were on fire (pretty standard for drunken T8)....session started somewhere around 2:30am.....finished just after 8am, when I realized I wanted to attend the WPT500 Turbo edition that had just started. Anyhow, result of the drunken session was -$1200 (fack).

Head towards room to gather GF, freshen up (italian shower and brush teeth).......and off to Aria we go.

Not sure when I got to Aria, (9'ish?)....but late register, and I'm 280th on the reserve.....saweeeeeeeettt. Head up the escalator to get the biggest coldest iced tea I can at Starbucks, and a surpisingly good breakfast sandwich....the lineup, however, took a 1/2 hr to get through.

Think I finally got seated around 11:30, and had just under 10BB to start....not bad for a $565 b/i. I see one hand before it's my BB, and the guy to my right loses a big one with AK < AT aipf. I get the beautiful Q6 sooooooted in my BB, and when it's folded to the SB who ships again, I, of course, snap with the Q6....and proceed to flush out his AK on the river. (keep in mind I'm still hammered at this point). A few hands later, I pick up KK, and just open ship......I get a bite from 99 and hold. I then go on a succession of table breaks that was really unprecedented.......6 different tables in less than 1 hour. This was due to the escalation of the blinds at 15 min increments. I sent a text to my buddy who was back in YEG:

'Oh my fuck, hammered playing Aria WPT500 Turbo hammered, somehow over 100k'

It's kind of a blur, but pretty soon we're on the bubble, paying 70 or so spots, I'm sitting at 140k.....I think there may have only been 1 or 2 hands of hand for hand because avg stack was like 10bb's.

Got up over 300k just by raising and getting folds....took maybe 1/2 hr to get on 5% day 2 bubble which was huge. I'm sitting at 320k with blinds at 15K/30k + ante and I'm above avg....worked out good, bubble burst when I was UTG.......I carried 322k forward to Day 2 (which started immediately btw) and blinds were rolled back to 4k/8k, so went from 11BB to 40BB in 5 minutes.

First table on Day 2 was uneventful, did have Scott Clements on my right, but didn't get the chance to engage with him. At this point I'm still on my morning drink, greyhounds. Eliminations were much fewer and far between compared to the turbo, to say the least.

Table gets broke, and take 240k and sit to the right of Actyper (fack). I lose a pot raising, then check folding (weak, I know). Soon after I get AKoff no club (210K back)UTG+1....raise, same guy (190K back) flats and we're headsup. Flop 89cc2......I check once more, and he bets again, I ship....and he goes into the tank for a few minutes counting his stack like 20 times....he finally calls and shows KJcc........club right on turn and I'm drawing dead....told Act to ship, and left the building bound for my room.

Finished 120th / 3700 for a 2k payday.

July 10th and beyond tbc