Create and host your own website for free (NOT SPAM!) lol

For those of you who have toyed with the idea of having your own personal website. You can create it using Free Website Builder | Create a Free Website | WIX.com
and host it on google drive. How to Host your Website on Google Drive - Tutorial

Really requires no coding skills or anything other than a little imagination..

Not something I would run a real business from but kinda neat...

Comments

• I've seen people use wix for their business. Ugh!!
  • I need to create a new website for my company. Anyone know a decent free service or something that doesn't cost too much?
    PM me if you like
  • I need to create a new website for my company. Anyone know a decent free service or something that doesn't cost too much?
    PM me if you like

IMO, to have a half assed website is worse than having none.. Especially if you want your website to be found by search engines.. That's the trick.
  • compuease wrote: »
    IMO, to have a half assed website is worse than having none.. Especially if you want your website to be found by search engines.. That's the trick.

sorry comp, but i disagree.

i can't even count how many times i've tried to find websites for specific stores/restaurants just to locate basic information that even a shitty website could provide (such as street address or store hours etc.) just to find out they don't even have a website at all. how any business in this day and age can decide not to have a website is crazy imho.

don't get me wrong though. obviously a well put together website makes a big deal for customers, but even a somewhat decent one is better than none at all.
  • Put your business on google maps

Places for Business ? Google

IMO, that's just as important as having a website, maybe more depending on the business.

Include hours you're open if that's relevant. Anytime I'm checking to see if something is still open and I can find the business on google maps, but then the hours aren't there my reaction is "fuck you <insert company name here>"!
  • Thanks for the tip. Done and done!

Back on topic, I used weebly as a free website builder and used it for years before I changed over to a professionally built website. I had decent traffic and got lots of orders from it. At first I used the 100% free version which had the "get your own free website" footer, then paid I think $70 for 2 years to get rid of it and get their pro version.