CRA Trying an "Work-around"?

Your online gambling wins might be taxable | Financial Post

Thought the courts had already decided this, but it seems the tax folks want another kick at the can. As their funds to pay for this crap are limited only by how much money their is in their coffers, how long before they actually prevail?

Comments

• I don't have to worry about reporting winnings, but if they open the door to taxing wins then they should have to allow deductions of losses. Then I'll be able to cash in.

What they'll probably do is tax wins and tell you to go fuck yourself if you try to deduct losses.

CRA has way too much power.
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    Government has way too much power.

Fixed that for you . . .
  • Police have too much power.
  • Well, they are an arm of the government, no?
  • Yes. Elections Canada is also a part of the government but they don't have enough powers. Same with the Parliamentary Budget Officer and Auditor General. Pretty much any part of the government that is charged with oversight of elected officials has too little power. Every part of the government whose job it is to control workers has too much power: police, spy agencies, CRA, etc.
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    Police have too much power.
    Police don't have power. They basically enforce legislated laws. We, the people,
    have the power, the power to elect the legislators of those laws. But, if we do not
    take those powers seriously, as it seems, we get what we deserve.

People, collectively, must organize to change.

I'm prepared to challenge the poker laws. Is anyone else ?
  • Police don't have power. They basically enforce legislated laws. We, the people,
    have the power, the power to elect the legislators of those laws. But, if we do not
    take those powers seriously, as it seems, we get what we deserve.

People, collectively, must organize to change.

I'm prepared to challenge the poker laws. Is anyone else ?

In
  • Police don't have power.

If you think that the Police do not have power, you are delirious. The semantics you bring in to cloud the issue are irrelevancies.

Sort of like you "GOLD" memberships.
  • why "an" ?
  • Cuz it was going to be "an end-run", but I changed my mind and did not delete the "an" . . .
  • They're messing with your mind