Presents:

An Afternoon of No-Limit Texas Hold’em

Saturday March 26th, 2005 - 12:00pm
Pre-registration: westsidepokerclub@rogers.com
Location will be emailed to those who pre –register

Doors open at 11:15 am

$50 buy-in + (10 admin) for 2000 chips

Two max re-buys $50 within the first six rounds for 1500 chips
(you must be completely out chips to re-buy)

One Add-on during the second break

$100.00 for a 3500 chip
(You must have at least one chip at the break in order to qualify for the add-on)

Maximum 120 players

We are up to 75 pre-registered players thus far, pre-register today to join the fun
see our website for details www.westsidepokerclub.ca

Comments

• Why I should consider coming to this tournament? You would still consider coming for the following reasons:

1. We are well organized.
    2. It is only 60.00 at the door, 50 of that going to prize money and 10 to overhead cost such as hall, projector, security, etc.
    3. We allow re-buys twice and one add-on so that bad beats are minimized.
    4. It also allows you to try various styles of poker at a very low investment.
    5. If you travel with 3 other guys it cuts down on the
    6. travel.
    7. Lots of money going to the players and minimum money going to overhead.
    8. Tables of six players (for the most part)
    9. The final table will begin with six players.
    10. Final eleven players will get paid.
    11. Plenty of cash games after the tournament ends for you.
    12. We have a lot of great events planned to make poker enjoyable for everyone while honing their skills.

I could go on but you get the idea. Give us a try once, see what we have planned then make a decision.
    I hope this helps. If you are from the poker fourm, make sure you introduce yourself. (From your handle of course.)

Brent
    West Side Poker Club
  • What's the prize break out?
  • Thanks for your question.

1st will get 40%

11th will get $60.00

and everyone else will be in between. You do not have to ever get to the final table at West Side Poker Club to be in the money.

First also will get a special prize that will ensure his free roll in to our tournament of champions in December which will be a 3 day event starting with 10 000 chips withthe winner of the December tournament going to the WSOP in 2006. Give us a try once, I think you will enjoy yourself.

Again thanks for the question.

Brent
    West Side Poker Club
  • Thanks for pre-registering, we are currently at 82 people. If I haven't sent you the directions already, you will get an email tomorrow night (Wednesday) before midnight. If for some reason you did not recieve an email with the directions (by midnight)please send me an email to verify you did pre-registered and I will get them to you before the days end.

Thanks Again

Brent
    West Side Poker Club
  • West Side Poker Club is please to announce that Jeff Campbell winner of the Brantford’s Ultimate Challenge II and winner to the super satellite to the WSOP 2005 a couple of weekends back will be attending trying add another notch to his crown. The person he faced two win his seat to the WSOP this year will also be their Canada Kev.

This will be a great opportunity for each person to test his or her skills. There is still room for anyone wishing to pre-register and can do so at www.westsidepokerclub@rogers.com

Brent
    West Side Poker Club
  • West Side Poker Club is please to announce that Jeff Campbell winner of the Brantford’s Ultimate Challenge II and winner to the super satellite to the WSOP 2005 a couple of weekends back will be attending trying add another notch to his crown. The person he faced two win his seat to the WSOP this year will also be their Canada Kev.

This will be a great opportunity for each person to test his or her skills.

This is precisely one of the reasons why I'll be there. The money is nice but the competition and recognition is better IMO. Let's see how I fair against two of the best....

stp
  • Is it true that this is a 6 handed tourney? If it is I'm there for certain. Please let me know.

• Yes this tournament will have 6 players per table. If you are use to playing with 10 or 11 players you may have to adjust your game. As you will play more hand in this tournament then you probably played in your last tournament.

You are pre-registered for this weekend. Are you bring a friend? Let me know?

Brent
    West Side Poker club
  • If your name is on this list, you or the friend who signed you up received an email with the directions to our event. If by some chance you did not get the directions please let me know www.westsidepokerclub@rogers.com

As you can see we still have room for a few more. If your name is not on the list and you think it should let me know.

Brent
    West Side Poker Club

1. don britton
    2. tim gibbins
    3. kevin malarek
    4. jeff campbell
    5. ian christopher
    6. graham pearce
    7. jeff schopp
    8. cole woods
    9. dave rebunstein
    10. larry leiskau
    11. ken finburg
    12. rob poljanski
    13. craig seibel
    14. bhavesh joshi
    15. milesh joshi
    16. rohit joshi
    17. derek mowatt
    18. dan shoemaker
    19. paul duell
    20. mike patay
    21. dan davies
    22. tim david
    23. ray jansan
    24. juilie smith
    25. shawn o'connel
    26. Reserved
    27. Reserved
    28. Reserved
    29. Reserved
    30. Reserved
    31. Reserved
    32. Reserved
    33. Reserved
    34. Reserved
    35. Reserved
    36. Reserved
    37. george anderson
    38. joanne b
    39. liana wood
    40. linda d
    41. eric chan
    42. may banni
    43. josh carroll
    44. paul russell
    45. Al Pengelly
    46. joe darro
    47. whitey
    48. cs
    49. chad edwards
    50. chris reid
    51. jardd mitchell
    52. cyrus bapooji
    53. simon howe
    54. geoff young
    55. reg rosauro
    56. thu nguyen
    57. jamie robinson
    58. drew reid
    59. adam
    60. shawn kraus
    61. garfield suepaul
    62. jack lam
    63. shannon
    64. rebekah parshad
    65. andrew currie
    66. dan luzi
    67. josh dale
    68. dung pham
    69. chris kelly
    70. derek guay
    71. paul fitzgerald
    72. andy caruthers
    73. brad matthews
    74. pizzo
    75. jeff cookson
    76. jeff
    77. teddy buzanis
    78. dave lewin
    79. tyler ouellet
    80. adam ouellet
    81. matt fraiser
    82. omar beg-mohamed
    83. david de caire
    84. mike mahoney
    85. amanda weir
    86. Joe Bell
    87. Brian Franklin
    88. Ranko Rakanovic
    89. Matthew Williams
    90. Ben Williams
  • Hey Brent is this dealer or player dealt?

Thanks again.
  • 1. don britton
    2. tim gibbins
    3. kevin malarek
    4. jeff campbell
    5. ian christopher
    6. dave britton
    7. jeff schopp
    8. cole woods
    9. dave rebunstein
    10. larry leiskau
    11. ken finburg
    12. rob poljanski
    13. craig seibel
    14. bhavesh joshi
    15. milesh joshi
    16. rohit joshi
    17. derek mowatt
    18. dan shoemaker
    19. paul duell
    20. mike patay
    21. dan davies
    22. tim david
    23. ray jansan
    24. juilie smith
    25. shawn o'connel
    26. Reserved
    27. Reserved
    28. Reserved
    29. Reserved
    30. Reserved
    31. Reserved
    32. Reserved
    33. Reserved
    34. Reserved
    35. Reserved
    36. Reserved
    37. george anderson
    38. joanne b
    39. liana wood
    40. linda d
    41. eric chan
    42. may banni
    43. josh carroll
    44. paul russell
    45. Al Pengelly
    46. joe darro
    47. whitey
    48. cs
    49. chad edwards
    50. chris reid
    51. jardd mitchell
    52. cyrus bapooji
    53. simon howe
    54. geoff young
    55. reg rosauro
    56. thu nguyen
    57. jamie robinson
    58. drew reid
    59. adam
    60. shawn kraus
    61. garfield suepaul
    62. jack lam
    63. shannon
    64. rebekah parshad
    65. andrew currie
    66. dan luzi
    67. josh dale
    68. dung pham
    69. chris kelly
    70. derek guay
    71. paul fitzgerald
    72. andy caruthers
    73. brad matthews
    74. pizzo
    75. jeff cookson
    76. jeff
    77. teddy buzanis
    78. dave lewin
    79. danielle workman
    80. adam ouellet
    81. matt fraiser
    82. omar beg-mohamed
    83. david de caire
    84. mike mahoney
    85. amanda weir
    86. Joe Bell
    87. Brian Franklin
    88. Ranko Rakanovic
    89. Matthew Williams
    90. Ben Williams
  • Heading to Guelph tonight to get wicked drunk. Jeff and I will be at Van Gogh's Ear downtown where the 2 other best bands that came out of our high school, the 3rd being Finger Eleven, have a show.
    With the early start tomorrow and nowhere to sleep tonight tomorrow should be a tough one.
    Dont be mad if we're grumpy for the first hour.
    Come to Van Goghs if yur out downtown tonight, you'll spot me and Jeff as the two guys gambling on whatever they can find or think of.
    Otherwise, see ya's tomorrow.

Kev
  • is it too late to sign up? Buddy and I are interested in this tourney.
  • djalikool wrote:
    is it too late to sign up? Buddy and I are interested in this tourney.

We currently have 95 pre- registered players. The last time I will check my email at www.westsidepokerclub@rogers.com will be 8:15 am. That will give me time to respond. The only other way of coming to the event is if you know someone on the list and take your chances that we didn't sell out.

Brent
    West Side Poker Club
  • I've heard that there are no dealers (player dealt) and that there are no actual poker tables, is this true?

Thanks
  • With six players per table, players would rather deal themselves than pay someone to deal and have more money in the pot. Not all our tournaments will be done this way, but this one is. You are registered, so if you want to talk about ask me, I am always open for ideas and conversation.

Brent
    West Side Poker Club
  • Didn't mean to make it sound like a criticism, was just asking...unfortunately I was up all night playing poker and couldn't make it...a friend of a friend will be taking my spot...I hope to play at your facility some time in the future...

GL with your event
  • Hey,

Just did the walk of shame back home from polish hall. The event was very well organized, I was too disappointed to stay and watch the rest of it finish. I came approx. 40ish from 78 entrants. I didn't buy back in nor did I Add on..Big Mistake!

At the Add on period I was chip leader at my table with 5K, little did I know that everyone at my table including short stacked Added On! I lost my chip lead, and I also lost my mind when every other hand people were going All In.

Finally I got good cards to start pushing back AK - not suited, I raise $500 preflop
    The Big Blind Re-raises me $1000, I then push All In...BB calls...Turns over pocket 4's
    He's the slight favorite to win the hand, first Card on the Flop is a 4...I was drawing completly dead...That short stacked me to $1500....6 hands later K9 vs. QQ I doubled up, cuz' I hit a K off the Flop ...(I know what your thinkin', I had no business going all in with K9) But I was short stacked, had to make a stand!

Back to $4000 in chips...My last hand QQ vs. A8 ...I called ALL In to steal the blinds, cuz they were at $200-$400 with $10 ante. I was satisfied with my preflop All in with QQ's...Flop comes out Ace!...the next thing I knew, I was shaking everyone's hand and grabing my jacket.

Overall, I had a great time...This was my second time playing in such a big tourney.
    Excellent job to everyone that organized it, the winner who takes home the $2700 dollars will be happy...Great Calibre of players at this game.

Everyone at my table was really nice, which is really good....

I'll cya boys at the next one.

~Ali aka (DJALIKOOL)