T8urmoney Results Thread for Stake Today

12346»

Comments

• InsaneGuy wrote: »
    I'm curious why you just called though, what if one of the bigger stack at the table called and pushed on the flop? Or what if he pushed pre and had you covered?

Both big stacks were already out so no worries there - to your point yeah if the big guys are in i have to shove and pray or just fold.
  • Ashtiaka was still in the hand, though he barely had more chips than you.
  • Side note, i wonder if shoving the extra 20k gets viffer to fold? At the end of the day though you wont hear complaints from me when players insist on playing 10-7 for stacks!!!
  • After watching viffer after your bust (3 hands) stack off with J5o, I'd say he was not folding to your shove
  • InsaneGuy wrote: »
    Ashtiaka was still in the hand, though he barely had more chips than you.

yeah you are right, I read that wrong in the history.

Not sure what my plan was there to be honest... I was out of time bank so I may have rushed it, the call did feel weird at the time and I remember being relieved when I saw the hole cards...

I suppose subliminally it was to leave me an out, but I guess my thought at the time was that Ashtiaka knows I am not folding at that point -making the 100K call as good as an all in?

good point though, glad I can learn a bit from this experience, as I mainly play cash tables and don't get deep in tourneys often!
  • Bfillmaff wrote: »
    yeah you are right, I read that wrong in the history.

Not sure what my plan was there to be honest... I was out of time bank so I may have rushed it, the call did feel weird at the time and I remember being relieved when I saw the hole cards...

I suppose subliminally it was to leave me an out, but I guess my thought at the time was that Ashtiaka knows I am not folding at that point -making the 100K call as good as an all in?

good point though, glad I can learn a bit from this experience, as I mainly play cash tables and don't get deep in tourneys often!

I don't get deep often either but I've been reading a lot lately , trying to improve my game especially the mid-late part of a tournament where I have trouble adjusting so I'm trying to learn from how your tournament ended since I've been in similar situations before.