Blurg

I had no info on the villain new to the table.

Dealt to Ima Notellin [Jc Ad]
Ima Notellin: raises 500 to 1000
otavioMNY: folds
PAPPIRS: folds
hahahasucker: folds
Atlanteg: raises 1190 to 2190
HTFRU: folds
MAGU420: folds
chicken0312: folds
kandid57: folds
Ima Notellin: calls 1190
*** FLOP *** [Kd Jd 5h]
Ima Notellin: checks
Atlanteg: bets 2790
Ima Notellin: raises 3210 to 6000
Atlanteg: calls 3210
*** TURN *** [Kd Jd 5h] [9c]
Ima Notellin: checks
Atlanteg: bets 14623 and is all-in
MAGU420 is disconnected
Ima Notellin: folds
Uncalled bet (14623) returned to Atlanteg
Atlanteg collected 17670 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 17670 | Rake 0
Board [Kd Jd 5h 9c]
Seat 1: kandid57 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 2: Ima Notellin folded on the Turn
Seat 3: otavioMNY folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: PAPPIRS folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: hahahasucker folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: Atlanteg collected (17670)
Seat 7: HTFRU folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: MAGU420 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: chicken0312 (small blind) folded before Flop

Comments

• why are you raising ep with AJo?
  • I think Ep raise with AJ is totally normal.

I don't like the raise on the flop, what are you trying to make him fold here??

The flop hits his 3 bet range, i like a call and reevaluate on the turn, if he bets again you are probably behind and he has something like AK most likely, AQ would probably check behind on turn and obv AA and KK would bet turn for value.
  • sn1perb0y wrote: »
    I think Ep raise with AJ is totally normal.

Why?

What worse hands call? What better hands fold? Your position is awful. Do you have a skill advantage this short stacked to make up for it? (stack sizes would be helpful here)

How many people consider raising AJo +EV or "normal"?

Do you ever get called by ATo or A9o?

Do you ever fold out AQo or AKo?

What are the blinds? What are the antes? What are the stack sizes?
  • Why?

What worse hands call? What better hands fold? Your position is awful. Do you have a skill advantage this short stacked to make up for it? (stack sizes would be helpful here)

How many people consider raising AJo +EV or "normal"?

Do you ever get called by ATo or A9o?

Do you ever fold out AQo or AKo?

What are the blinds? What are the antes? What are the stack sizes?

I checked my stats and the filter was basically open raise preflop AJo and AJs EP with no open and its +EV for around 40kish hands.
    Basically if there is an open raise from utg and ur in MP with 88s 99s TTs A9s ATs KQs are you folding there?

This is pretty general but thinking of folding AJ EP is pretty nitty imho.

I open AJ 100% of the time EP (if not jam) depending on blinds etc...
  • Raising here is absolutely standard.

we aren't at 30/60 where everyone has 150bb.

Everything postflop in this hand is a bit of a trainwreck.
  • You have to know that A-J from EP is going to be one of those hands that can get you in trouble post flop, so tread lightly. (shout out to Breaking Bad)
    I am probably check/calling the flop and see if he barrels the turn, if so, fold. There is no need to raise his c-bet, what worse hands will call it ?
    Basically if there is an open raise from utg and ur in MP with 88s 99s TTs A9s ATs KQs are you folding there?

What are the stack sizes you would do this with.

You call EP raises with A9s, ATs, KQs??? Really? Is it profitable to do that?

What hands are you ahead of?

Are you trying to overflush an EP preflop raiser?

If I'm getting 40x or 100x the raise size implied odds from deep stacks and the people behind don't squeeze ... maybe I'd call.
    I checked my stats and the filter was basically open raise preflop AJo and AJs EP with no open and its +EV for around 40kish hands.

This is interesting.

I would only raise AJo in EP if I felt I was playing really weak players.

For example at 1/2NL if I think the players at the table are awful I'll raise AJo, thinking that it's a theoretical mistake to raise, but counting on the players playing poorly to make up for the theoretical mistake.
  • This is interesting.

I would only raise AJo in EP if I felt I was playing really weak players.

For example at 1/2NL if I think the players at the table are awful I'll raise AJo, thinking that it's a theoretical mistake to raise, but counting on the players playing poorly to make up for the theoretical mistake.

You can't really compare the 2.

I fold this almost 100 percent of the time playing cash. There is no change in dynamics over the course of a session.

Late MTT dynamics are a whole different beast, and this is a hand you absolutely must open in this case. Given the blinds are 250/500, I'm guessing avg stack is 20-25bb.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    You can't really compare the 2.

I fold this almost 100 percent of the time playing cash. There is no change in dynamics over the course of a session.

Late MTT dynamics are a whole different beast, and this is a hand you absolutely must open in this case. Given the blinds are 250/500, I'm guessing avg stack is 20-25bb.

It's pretty hard for me to analyze a hand without stack sizes.

I should mention I only have played 3 tournaments in the last 6 or so years.
  • with zero reads, preflop i think is fine.

i don't like flop action. i'm probably check/calling which obviously changes the dynamics on the turn. idk, probably check/folding turn bets.

it's situations like this that deter me from opening hands like AJo UTG. i'm not saying that i never do it, but you have to be prepared to muck it even if you hit something which i tend to have problems doing.
  • I agree I was an aggro train wreck after the flop.

As far as stack sizes go I believe I had about 35bb's villain had 30.

Now when the villain re raised me PF do you call, 3 bet or fold here? My spidey senses said fold but bored aggro me called and saw the flop.
  • Really gotta post stack sizes for any hh. Villain has 40+ bb

I would either fold to 3bet or turn it into a bluff. Calling there not really good or agro